Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (BraveFalcon, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444212 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#211922 - 03/20/08 05:52 PM PTSD IS NO FARCE
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
It's so amazing how people in general especially those who have no idea what this condition...PTSD that is, can do and has done to the vet who has no idea what's wrong with him / her yet for years they go undiagnosed meanwhile their lives are in virtual ruins and runs through the family unit and friendship(s) as though it's a ticking time bomb and then one day all hell breaks loose and the vet finds themself in an inpatient psychiatric ward hating themselves as a result of losing the control they thought they had yet question still "am i ok"...am i going insane"...."what's wrong with me"

My point is as i read this particular post about PTSD and all the carnage it leaves in the wake of a ripple effect left in the people's lives they love the most. Many ligitimate vets who in fact have and been diagnosed with are subjected to the "red tape".crap because there are so many malingerars out there playing the system it poisons the broad scope of veterans who stuggle every single day of their lives.

Again , no, PTSD is no way fake or a farce afterall "one" who thinks they have PTSD (in my opinion) are the very people who have no idea what it does to you nor do they have any idea what it's like to live with it.

The people who are directly involved in everyday life and have contact with the inflicted vet with post traumatic stress don't know how to handle them and they just give up....thats the LAST THING anyone could do is essentially abandon the man/ woman as a result of ignorance thereby unfamiliar with a disorder that scares them = avoidance = pain = the vicious cycle of anxiety producing circumstances therefore ptsd is widespread and until something or someone steps up and help the system educate itself and others we will continue to have more and more people ask..."is PTSD real or a farce"

Coop

#211923 - 03/20/08 05:54 PM Re: PTSD IS NO FARCE [Re: thecoopstah]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
my therapist diagnosed me with PTSD. he sat down and showed me the symptoms, diagnosis points, etc they assign to PTSD. i was in shock. it wasn't 65% or 75% - it was a flipping 100% ME!

it's real.

thanx for the post, Coop.

m

#211929 - 03/20/08 06:22 PM Re: PTSD IS NO FARCE [Re: MarkK]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
I have no doubt in my mind that PTSD is real. Like you both said it does not only effect me, it effects everybody around me. My unpredictable behavior, feeling of being confused, bewildered and feeling of abandonment is such that it puts such strain on me and my relationships. I can't explain how and why I feel like I do. I can't explain my mean words and bad behavaior. I can't explain my mood swings from one minute to another.

I get that association of guilt for what happened to me and then how I screwed up so many people/friends I associate with. I want to think that when I do all this crap that ends up hurting others, that that is not the real Ken. Its someone else in the f..k'd up body of mine. But then if that is true, who do I blame?

I sometimes feel I am doing so good and then its like, will I ever get my life in order again. But then, what is an orderly life? I haven't got a clue. All I know is I hate my life the way it is. There has got to be something better out there. I hope I find it because this life is really not worth living.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.