Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tiger1982, 1 invisible), 38 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441398 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#211889 - 03/20/08 01:56 PM I am not alone
simonsurvives Offline

Loc: California, Fresno
Hi,
My name is Simon. I just joined this organization. Let me tell you, I am really glad that I found this place. I often feel very alone with all the shit that I have to deal with. I was molested by two women, abuse by my pastor parents, and all that fun stuff. Lately I have not really been able to connect at all with my emotions and it has been really hard for me to understand any of my feelings. Hopefully joining this organization will help me. I think thought from reading all these posts that it gives me strength to work on all that stuff that holds me back from doing what I want. I am not alone \:\)

#211891 - 03/20/08 01:59 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: simonsurvives]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Welcome Simon,
I have found a ton of help here. No your not alone and we are always a click away. I wish you well on your journey of recovery.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#211894 - 03/20/08 02:18 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: GateKPR4]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Hey Simon, welcome to MS. No you certainly are not alone, I hope MS will be as helpful for you as it has been for me.

Good to meet you
Stay strong
Mike

#211902 - 03/20/08 03:41 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: mogigo]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Simon,

I'll chime in with a welcome also, but I hate the fact that any of us need this site. MS is a great resource for those times that we just want to vent, cry, complain or ask for advice. We all need a support network, and I do believe you have found a wonderful place.

Keep posting, ask anything you want, and I am sure you will be surprised at how UN-alone you will feel.

Your new friend,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#211904 - 03/20/08 03:50 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: Scoutvictim]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Simon,

No, you are not alone at all. You will find that MS is a great place to post/chat with survivors going through and dealing with CSA, just like you. We all wish we didn't have to be here.

Welcome and wish you well on your recovery.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#211905 - 03/20/08 04:16 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: KENKEN]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Simon,

Welocme the MS community. Feel free to ask any questions to mods. You can find lots of different stories on this site, and I hope you will be more confident in your feelings soon.

I am glad you have found us.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#211906 - 03/20/08 04:17 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: KENKEN]
simonsurvives Offline

Loc: California, Fresno
Thank you guys. I think that reason I joined this place is beecaucsae I am emotionally not there I cant cry and I feel sometimes like I am not connected with any of my emotions. However your posts are starting to help me get there thank you

Simon

it is not despair for despair is only for those who in the end see only doubt. LOTR

#211912 - 03/20/08 04:31 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: simonsurvives]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
Simon,

I'm glad that you found this place and sorry that you had to. What you're feeling is something that a lot of survivors have been through. I hope that you've found a therapist to help you deal with this too. This is a great place to start to get the tools to help the healing.

Take good care of yourself,

Steve

#211917 - 03/20/08 05:00 PM Re: I am not alone [Re: Stephen_5]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Simon,
Lots of guys come here feeling numb inside and not connected with their emotions. That is a side effect of abuse and a coping mechanism that is helpful during the abuse but as you move into recovery and healing the feelins you have repressed may come back all at once. Don't worry this is normal. If you can check out Mike Lew's bood Victims no Longer. Very helpful in understnading what happened to you and how you will heal.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.