Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (Obi), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63791 Topics
445474 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#211879 - 03/20/08 01:09 PM Re: I'm Biking!! :-O [Re: GateKPR4]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Andy,

I am a big fan of biking. It helps me clear my mind a bit, get exercise, enjoy the outdoors, etc. Don't get discouraged in that you are just starting out and need to take breaks. You will find in time that it will get easier and you should see your ability to go further distances improve. I personally think biking is a lot of fun. In fact, I am on a long weekend vacation, and am off to bike to the store right now. Ride on!

Eric

#212131 - 03/21/08 01:48 PM Re: I'm Biking!! :-O [Re: ericc]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Andy,

Great to hear that you got a bike - I think that once your body gets used to it you'll be biking all over the place... - it's a great feeling to just be able to jump on and go and not have to depend on public transportation

Quote:
I'm not that big
- that might just be the understantement of the year my friend - lol \:\) - either that or I "NEED" to loose another 40+ pounds myself - lol \:\)

Quote:
I don't think exercise would hurt my depression either
- fresh air and excerise does do wonders for lifting the mood - reminds me that I need more of that myself

Biking is great in sooo many ways... - physical benefits - mental benefits - even pocketbook benefits (with gas hitting new record highs biking is very much a winning way of getting around)

Can you believe that I used to bike over 15 miles a day myself back when I was a kid? - I did - I delivered 3 paper routes - a total of over 15 miles a day - Wednesdays were 25 mile days - even rode the bike right through the winter delivering papers 3 years

Going to have to dust off my mountain bike this weekend \:\)

TJ jeff

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#212298 - 03/22/08 02:55 PM Re: I'm Biking!! :-O [Re: TJ jeff]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
YOU BE SURE TO WEAR A HELMET MISTER!!!! You don't want to end up like me!

BTW: Get good at jumps too. You know you gotta do jumps!

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.