Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobbyJay (53), john50049 (57), Samii (34)
Who's Online
5 registered (tbkkfile, Marinan, hike1972, pete1973, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64012 Topics
446748 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#211632 - 03/19/08 07:44 AM Our MS Teens
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
I just wanted to say a quick word about the teens here at MS.

I've found (with virtually no exceptions) that the teen members here at MS to be genuinely impressive people. They have a strength and drive that seems all too rare in today's society.

I'm very sorry that any of them need to be here...but glad they have this resource. I'm also glad we (the adults) have them as an integral part of this board. They bring a tone of hope, a vision of the future and energy to healing that benefits all of us (I think).

#211634 - 03/19/08 08:30 AM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: Still]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Robbie....I couldn't agree with you more!

#211645 - 03/19/08 09:05 AM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: DanM]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rob,

You are so right! I look at these guys and how they face things here, and I think back to 1963 and how a place like this would have helped me. Remember how alone and isolated we felt?

But then I think again and I wonder if I would have had the courage even to just sign up and participate a bit. But talk about real problems and post my survivor story? No way I could have done that. The courage they show here astonishes me.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#211652 - 03/19/08 09:34 AM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: roadrunner]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
It's surprized me in a number of ways, but for example, in the chat, several times, I've listened to someone and thought, this person has been at this a long time and finally come out the other side very strong and wise... only to find out, he's 17.

Our teens here are very impressive, amazing and inspirational.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#211665 - 03/19/08 10:51 AM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: LandOfShadow]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Woo Hoo! Go teens, go! lol \:\)

Glad you guys can make it here as early as you do. \:\) Me as a teen still felt very confused and ashamed about my abuse. I wasn't even 100% sure it WAS abuse. Consider yourself lucky that you have even less years of confusion and anguish than me ahead of you. \:\) The earlier it gets out the better! \:\)

You add a lot to the board, and I'm thankful you're here.

#211795 - 03/19/08 11:26 PM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: AndyJB2005]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Yup.

I am impressed by the strength, kindness, courage, intellegence and focus of the teens I've met here.

Keith

#211855 - 03/20/08 09:39 AM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: KeithR]
dgoods Offline

Loc: Richmond area
Absolutely true; I'd like to think i would have latched on to this site, had it, or something like it, been around when my age still started with a 1... there's been many a wise and kind thought expressed by our teen members.

-William Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act IV, Sc. III

#211975 - 03/20/08 09:36 PM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: dgoods]
rehpotsirhcs Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't think being a teenager on this site makes me extra brave or courageous.

If you guys had something similar to the anonymous internet when you were teens you might have been involved in it just as the teens here are today. It doesn't seem healthy to try to compare yourself as a teenager (back when you lived in the ancient times) to the teens today. The reason I say this is because the message that screamed at me when I read all of your comments was "I was not as (good, brave, mature, loveable, etc.) as the teens here are." This is a self defeating message.

And... just because I am here as a teen does not mean I am working through things faster than you guys. It does not mean I am not confused as to if the stuff was actually abuse. It does not mean I am not following similar patterns as you guys did when you were teens.

This site does open a lot of healing possibilities and I have learned a great deal by being here. But, I can read over the same stuff over and over and it will not soak in nor will I comprehend it until I'm ready.

The main reason I am here is because of my lonliness.

#211977 - 03/20/08 09:38 PM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: rehpotsirhcs]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: rehpotsirhcs
I don't think being a teenager on this site makes me extra brave or courageous.

If you guys had something similar to the anonymous internet when you were teens you might have been involved in it just as the teens here are today. It doesn't seem healthy to try to compare yourself as a teenager (back when you lived in the ancient times) to the teens today. The reason I say this is because the message that screamed at me when I read all of your comments was "I was not as (good, brave, mature, loveable, etc.) as the teens here are." This is a self defeating message.

And... just because I am here as a teen does not mean I am working through things faster than you guys. It does not mean I am not confused as to if the stuff was actually abuse. It does not mean I am not following similar patterns as you guys did when you were teens.

This site does open a lot of healing possibilities and I have learned a great deal by being here. But, I can read over the same stuff over and over and it will not soak in nor will I comprehend it until I'm ready.

The main reason I am here is because of my lonliness.

Agree with everything you said. I feel the same way, but didn't really know how to say it.

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#211988 - 03/20/08 10:12 PM Re: Our MS Teens [Re: SuperTramp7981]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
rehpotsirhcs * SuperTramp

Quote:

This statement is 100% true BUT the fact that you are here trying to deal at an age when so many are just thinking about nonsense (in a perfectly typical teenage way) says alot about your character and drive to live in this world in a way you deserve and to throw away the crap that was handed to you.

I don't think these guys from ancient times are minimizing their own efforts; they are applauding your ability to do what they were unable to do at your age. It doesn't matter whether it was technology or family or any other circumstance that stood in their way, the fact is those things were there. There are things in your way too - hopefully though, through the love and encouragement and support you find here, you'll be able to move through the crap and find the real life support you need and deserve at a much earlier time in your life.

You guys show the compassionate helpful side of yourselves that you probably don't easily show in the real world. You give back everything and then some that you receive here. For that, if nothing else, you deserve a thank you.

ROCK ON...........Trish

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.