Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
6 registered (6 invisible), 80 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438061 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#211339 - 03/17/08 08:42 PM thanks every1 for being here & in my imagination
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I had a strangely brilliant day dream today. I was in the shower, and it's one of these weird rooted principles of mine that i only have really long showers, partly to do with the fact that we could never afford the gas bill when i was younger so the water was always really cold but i used to sit there for as long as i could anyway and focus on warm things and would sometimes wear a t-shirt, although i never would let my parents know that because i knew that they would probably feel upset with themselves if they knew that i was that cold. Anyway, for that reason, and because my house was always pretty full-so that the shower was only the ever quiet place, i always have long showers. (and because i cant remember why it never occurred to me to only have really quick showers if the water was cold)

But that's not what i suppose to be talking about. So i don't really know why but i'm still in the habit of sitting down and kind of curling up in the shower and i just kind of lose myself in thought. Anyway, so i was daydreaming that i was in university and i found out that there was going to be an MS meeting in my university! so i made some excuse to my friends and i attended the meeting, and somehow i could recognise the speakers, and somehow they could recognise me, and it was you guys! you were doing the talks, and it all felt so free, and we all new eachothers real names but we also new eachothers usernames here on the site and there was something really connecting about that, so we were shaking hands and it just felt so free! I'm going to start sounding like i'm quoting wizard of Oz if i'm not careful "and you were there, and you were there" lol. Anyway, i shook your hand Roger (freedom49) and you winked at me and i havent been able to stop smiling since, i don't know what it is about a wink and even though you didn't really do it i still want to thank you anyway lol (yes i know i'm sounding weird now lol).

This daydream really does open my eyes to the benefits of things like the conferences and weekend retreats that are talked about sometimes on here.

So thanks everybody, i think this is one of these moments where i'm actually realising without any doubt that we are not alone in this.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#211341 - 03/17/08 08:47 PM Re: thanks every1 for being here & in my imagination [Re: king tut]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
i think it would be pretty cool to shake Roger's hand.

Sounds like a neat dream \:\)

thanks for sharing this!

#211342 - 03/17/08 08:52 PM Re: thanks every1 for being here & in my imagination [Re: king tut]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Thats a wonderful daydream king, I remember feeling that being connected the first week I came here. I was not alone anymore.
This place has been such a great wealth of wisdom and knowledge and all the people here are just wonderful. thanks for sharing this experience, it brought back some good memories for me.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#211347 - 03/17/08 09:06 PM Re: thanks every1 for being here & in my imagination [Re: GateKPR4]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Wow, KT, am honored to be in your daydream although I feel a little awkward being in the shower with you LOL. That was a cool dream and I am glad your starting to feel as I do and I am sure many of us here to that this is kind of a special fraternity. No secret handshake but I wold love to shake eveyones hand anyway. Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to really have a MS group on campus' all over the world to counsel guys coming to grips with this stuff. Or at least in the cities some where.
On another not KT I was reading in Mike Lews bood aobut the importance to telling the secret and how that is the first step to beginning the healing process. I thought of you and your mom. Take special care of your self and I do hope your sleep suggestions are working for you tonight.

Your friend

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.