Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#212955 - 03/25/08 10:43 AM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: des6263]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Damn me!
I didn't give much thought to turning the light off last night, and maybe it's because my brother is home and sleeping in the same room, or maybe because all of that arguing on here last night got to me, but i don't think i've ever ever had dreams as bad as that before!!!!
absolutely terrible i am really not happy at all about the realness of those dreams and the feelings and fear and pain and i cant even write them down because they would make me look like a freak
the thing is i cant keep the light on because he will want it off and the bulbs in both of my lamps are broken
i don't know why my father played the role he did in my dreams, i think it was something symbolic
i really want to talk about the dreams and see what you think so maybe i'll write about them in the open forum later

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#214481 - 03/31/08 09:55 PM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

i found this on my university website about sleep routine advice

"Don't be ashamed of having your teddy or security blanket"

i was suprised that they advise this on a university website, they've got some quite good advice about sleep

i have to get my act together, i don't like the idea of sleep anymore, it seems such a waste of time, i wish i could be awake all the time, i could get so much more done, there are too many loose ends to even want to go to sleep, sleep is like a luxury and it's just such a waste of time and i don't even feel like i deserve sleep half the time, and if i have a bad dream it will just play on my mind all day, i wont go to sleep tonight so that i'm extra tired tomorrow night, and i'll just drink tonnes of coffee tomorrow so that i can get my work done, and then maybe i'll fall back in to a routine

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#214503 - 03/31/08 10:31 PM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: king tut]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
In a dorm it's hard to have a consistent sleep patter/schedule to say the least.....but I try to go to bed around 11:30-12:00 midnight every night. I usually sleep well.....unless I have nightmares or weird dreams then I'm up all night and probably the next night at least.

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#214718 - 04/01/08 09:32 PM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: SuperTramp7981]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

i just typed 'sleeping after csa' in google and it came up with this from the canadian space agency

"Sleeping in space is not like sleeping on earth. On earth, when you go to bed, you lie down on a mattress, close your eyes and, hopefully after counting a few sheep, you fall asleep."

i don't know why i found that really funny, maybe i will pretend i'm sleeping in space tonight lol

#214719 - 04/01/08 09:42 PM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

and now i found a study about sleep and childhood sexual abuse, they used results from 147 FEMALES, they used 147 people and it seems it didn't even occur to then to include any MALES, that is annoying, i don't know how different their results would have been, but that is just annoying dont you think?

#214721 - 04/01/08 09:49 PM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

there is so much on the internet these days, i wish i had had the internet back then, maybe i would have told somebody maybe, i don't know, you never know, i need to go to sleep

#214750 - 04/02/08 01:00 AM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: king tut]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Lewis,
It is a fact that the human body needs sleep. Please in your next research look up sleep deprivation and notice the side effects! I think your already experiencing some of them and attributing it to other things. You worrying me guy. Your trying to keep yourself busy so you won't dream and won't process and that is a weak dam your building and when it gives way you may be sorry your not rested enough to handle it in a healthy way.

just my opinion and concern.
Your friend

#214752 - 04/02/08 01:07 AM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: Freedom49]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

yeah i do need to go to sleep, it's just hard, and for some reason my cd player has locked into a loop of a couple of songs, it's not designed to loop, so it's just going on and on and it is basically morning now anyway, i can sleep tomorrow, i don't feel up to facing sleep tonight

#214806 - 04/02/08 08:50 AM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: king tut]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Sounds like you and your CD player have something in common. Love ya guy. Get some rest.

#214819 - 04/02/08 11:04 AM Re: Bedtime Rules for little children [Re: Freedom49]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

ok, i have part of the solution, my dog started stretching out her paws like she wanted me to go to bed and she was being very cuddly and then i felt like i had to go to sleep just so she could go to sleep because she doesn't like sleeping on her own at night so i went to sleep for her and i didn't have any bad dreams, she must have got up before me but she came back to wake me up, so i have to remember to go to sleep for my dog

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.