Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
6 registered (GummyBear, A74, Rich1967, pufferfish, Obi, sadclown), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#210893 - 03/15/08 05:22 PM MILITARY PTSD AM I ENTITLED TO DISABILITY
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
What Is VA Disability Compensation?
Disability compensation is a benefit paid to a veteran because of injuries or diseases that happened while on active duty, or were made worse by active military service. It is also paid to certain veterans disabled from VA health care. The benefits are tax-free.This i DID NOT COMPOSE .....i composed whats in the next paragraph

Am i reading this correctly in that I WAS IN FACT subjected to and tortured emotionally while in bootcamp in the navy , i have a claim for ptsd filed since july of last year ...is it safe to say this is telling me that when i was sexually abused as a child before i went in the navy, that military service aggravated this abuse ....is the VA responsible to compensate me for service connection plus i am already on SSDI for PTSD ..i'd appreicaite some feedback or what others think....i'm not sure at this point how to proceed yet i am doing all i can to be given a benifit i am convinced entitled to.

Coopstah

#211171 - 03/16/08 10:33 PM Re: MILITARY PTSD AM I ENTITLED TO DISABILITY [Re: thecoopstah]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
If the social security admistration has all feadt deturmened that you have PTSD . The only possable way that the VA can denay
you is to say that it is not conected to military service.
Is itvpossable to get a copy of your military records ?
If so you need to show a change in behaveiour for the worse after you served .
I contacted people that I knew before being in the service . And they wrote letters that said that I was a diffrent person after I got out of the service . I had become distrustfull and was paronoid about going any where that there were large crouds
I had become reclusive and depresed . In other words you need to show how that the service had changed you for the worse

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

#211179 - 03/16/08 11:13 PM Re: MILITARY PTSD AM I ENTITLED TO DISABILITY [Re: OKIE MIKE]
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
You have to prove direct involvement of the military aggrevating a condition, in most cases that means outside of normal operations of service.

There are a lot of things that go on in Marine Corps bootcamp that were triggering but not considered as direct factors to my illness because they were normal operations of training. Training is supposed to be in a lot of ways abusive but there are lines that they are not supposed to cross.

I don't know your exact circumstances so I can't really say whether or not you rate compensation from the VA. They are separate from SSI/SSDI so one doesn't guarantee the other.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.