Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (Cthulhu, Nothing Man, 2 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64156 Topics
447658 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#211014 - 03/16/08 09:47 AM Re: Interesting Discovery [Re: Still]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Robbie,
My last stay was a week in in a psych hospital in Raleigh. I was placed on the alcohol/drug rehab side because I took an overdose of Xanax and since I had been in the out patient for alcohol after a stay in in Wilmington treatment center they treated it as just drug abuse. That being said, the had two sides of the hospital, one for mental issues and one for alcohol/drug abuse. I should have been placed on the other side because it was depression that caused me to take an overdose.

Well as part of my "program" there they had a class on sexual abuse. There were 7 men and two woman. The therapist was a woman and stereotyped males as being the perps and women being the victims. I was the only one out of all the men that said I had been sexually abused. After the session I informed her that she needed to look into sexual abuse of males and that there were probably more of us in that room who were scared to speak out because of her stereotyping. It really pissed me off that she had no clue about males being molested, raped, and abused. How can a system have a class on sexual abuse when its biased? This was the last I heard of it but she did say she would look into it more and thanked me for brining it to her attention.

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#211016 - 03/16/08 09:55 AM Re: Interesting Discovery [Re: GateKPR4]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
ARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#211025 - 03/16/08 10:36 AM Re: Interesting Discovery [Re: Still]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Excellent work Robbie in reviewing the sad fact that we are truly alone on our own.

When even professional who should be helping us can't understand, what can I say, THIS HAS TO CHANGE.

Rob glad you are back.

Tom

#211044 - 03/16/08 12:04 PM Re: Interesting Discovery [Re: Still]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
This is, like, the third in a couple days where I have to say, "Yes! Yes!" after your post... \:\)

Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
I was told by one Doc that "you've suffered enough having gone through that...you need to just let it go and move on with life." I was SO frustrated that I began to cry after he said that.

Anyway...this all just sucks...don't it?

It would be ok I guess if that really worked, but it's like not bothering to change the oil in your car. It's SO expensive in the long run..

I've tried so hard to forget the past, but I've lost me. I don't feel real or here or like anything at all matters to me.

I'm giving up on professionals and society about this issue... This all just sucks, yes. It has to change, but for now, we are on our collective own.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#211047 - 03/16/08 12:30 PM Re: Interesting Discovery [Re: LandOfShadow]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Originally Posted By: LandOfShadow

I'm giving up on professionals and society about this issue... This all just sucks, yes. It has to change, but for now, we are on our collective own.

WE JUST HAVE TO SHOW THEM THE WAYS TO HELP US.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.