Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (randombreeze, lapchinj), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63230 Topics
442166 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#210856 - 03/15/08 12:33 PM have lemons, make lemonade!
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
today is one of those days i woke up, and unfortunately started to feel sorry for myself.

i thought of the possibilities not open to me any longer for the abuse. it's purposeless to think like that.
i still have a lot going on. i won't think of myself in a negative light - it won't take me anywhere -

i once heard this woman who suffered burns over 3/4's of her body say -
"i allow myself to cry for 7 minutes everyday -and then i get on with life."

this is a hero.

she makes lemonade, with the lemons of life. i will as well.

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#210858 - 03/15/08 12:35 PM Re: have lemons, make lemonade! [Re: markgreyblue]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

and maybe... a lot of the shackles i see on myself, are the ones i put there.

#210872 - 03/15/08 02:06 PM Re: have lemons, make lemonade! [Re: markgreyblue]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Markgb, Is that growth and progress sneaking up on your attitude?
That is great that your starting to see things no longer as just a victim. Are we victims, absolutely, need we stay victimized? NO WAY. Many times I have discovered I was locked in a self made cage banging on the door with my key.

I will have some lemonade please.

Edited by Freedom49 (03/15/08 02:46 PM)

#210875 - 03/15/08 02:17 PM Re: have lemons, make lemonade! [Re: Freedom49]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

hey Roger, since when am I "Mary" ?! hehe

#210883 - 03/15/08 02:47 PM Re: have lemons, make lemonade! [Re: markgreyblue]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
OMG, I have got to remember to proof my posts. My eyes are bad in the mornings. Sorry MARK. eeek.

#210897 - 03/15/08 05:46 PM Re: have lemons, make lemonade! [Re: Freedom49]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
Markgreyblue; sincere congratulations in starting the transition from being a victim to a survivor. It seems oddly strange in my situation and even at times confusing. I say strange and confusing with an aire of melancholy on my mind. For the last 29 years I have tried to discover that marvelous transitional threshold between living as a victim and grasping that much envied peace of living as a survivor. For rape victims that might well indeed be dubbed ("The Pearl Of Great Price") Is that not what every male rape victim strives to find ? Peace from painful festering memories of the past. I long for that day when no more tears are shed. When I can at long last breath a sigh of peaceful release. There are days when I think I will lose even the hope I struggle with every ounce of strength I have. And so every tomorrow I fix my eyes on the Sun.

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

#211009 - 03/16/08 08:46 AM Re: have lemons, make lemonade! [Re: jcf1957]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks JC and Thanks too Roger :).

#211033 - 03/16/08 11:06 AM Re: have lemons, make lemonade! [Re: markgreyblue]
Lou Offline

When life hands you a lemon....make lemonade! Wow! You don't know how many times in my life I have repeated those very same words to myself.

I first heard those words from an aunt of mine who I loved dearly. She too had to hold on to those words as her life was anything but wonderful and easy. Left to raise 3 young daughters on her own after her husband left her for another woman after she worked to put him thru school, and then getting terminally ill at way too young of an age and worrying about who would take care of her youngest one who was still in high school...she always amazed me with these very words, her warm smile, sense of humor and her sense of determination. In spite of all the bad that this world seemed to hand her....she would always smile, shrug her shoulders and say..."well you know what you do don't you when life hands you a lemon?" "You make lemonade!"

In many of my own difficulties in my own life....when I want more than anything else to just sit on my own little pity potty....it is this loving aunt of mine and her words said to me many times prior to her death that seem to just spur me right on....if she could do it....I know I can do it too!

In the end....I too will always ask for lemonade!

Thanks guys!

Lou

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.