Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
6 registered (Tarobuns108, bluesky, 4 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63358 Topics
443037 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#210803 - 03/15/08 02:32 AM Re: The age we become 'stuck'? [Re: sabata]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Totally agree. I've been waiting for the ten year old in me to be rescued. I do feel that some of my actions are of the child needing, wanting, and that the adult of me is trying to pull the ten year old along.....kicking and screaming at times. I don't believed I learned what I needed to in order to survive as an adult. My mind was always looking back to that time.

Could this being 'stuck' a part of the trauma? Like the stories of war veterans being 'stuck' in a battle/war where they lost a friend/comrads? Just a thought. I guess trauma would affect a child differently than an adult. Where an adult can adjust differently because of a greater rational?

Another thought is that carrying this child with us has been something that we needed to do in order to survive....and that it's difficult to let go of because it's worked, and that we've become so accustomed to having it in our lives.
This is the stage I'm at....trying to rationalize the idea of carrying my 'child' and coming to terms with letting him go.....because it's safe now for me......

Excellent topic Andrei and some excellent replies,

Chris

Edited by G5 (03/15/08 02:32 AM)
Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#210822 - 03/15/08 09:50 AM Re: The age we become 'stuck'? [Re: G5]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I just created a thread in the Open forum about a site the explains the csa issue and the first part is on male csa. There are not many
papers written on this on the web but I did find the information quite helpful. I'm sad we all got stuck, my first abuse I was maybe 6 could have been younger but I really don't remember.
peace & love to you all, You deserve better! We will all have to work together to overcome our tragic pasts.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.