Newest Members
Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas
12495 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
5 registered (PhoenixRising, dew, Cthulhu, BuffaloCO, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12495 Members
74 Forums
64162 Topics
447749 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#210267 - 03/12/08 10:45 AM VA Phychological treatment letter Pt 2
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I am writing with regard to Ricahrd SS# (both ommitted) who i have treated since december, 2001 for post-traumtatic-stress-disorder as well as attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder.I've seen him regularly for medication evaluation and management and at times individual pyschotherapy.

As a boy Mr C (name ommitted) suffered serious pyschical and sexual abuse (abuse) while in the custody of the massachusetts department of social services and i am convinced that his original PTSD was a condition which pre-existing condition at the time of his induction into the military.

As part of the work he has been doing in individual pyschotherapy,he has become aware of experiences in basic training where he was verbally assaulted and humiliated.It is in our opinion that his PTSD symptoms were significantly exacerbated by his military experience and he is deserving of service-connected disability.

Sincerly .. name of clinicial ommited

Coopstah

#210269 - 03/12/08 11:06 AM Re: VA Phychological treatment letter Pt 2 [Re: thecoopstah]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Hey Coop,

If the government doesn't get it's head out of their ass and understand, I think I will loose a lot of faith in the VA.

I know how much this is driving you crazy, and I am sorry you have to fight so hard. The VA should understand what kind of hell you are facing.

I really hope the letters do work, and I do wish you the best outcome possiable.

Keep fighting, and stand strong, we all are behind you and your quest.

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#210287 - 03/12/08 01:06 PM Re: VA Phychological treatment letter Pt 2 [Re: Scoutvictim]
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
If you had no memory before then it would not be pre-existing PTSD, the VA gets of track with wording like that. For me it was put as PTSD with "delayed onset", triggering factors stemmed from mistreatment in the military. Then there are details as to what brought things on for me but I hope you get the picture. Just trying to help.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#210411 - 03/13/08 12:04 AM thank you so much [Re: Scoutvictim]
thecoopstah Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: massachusetts
I cannot even tell you how much this means to me and all your feedback lately.

We all a need a break in life and i think i deserve it it's just that i am hard headed therefore unable and/ or chose to not listen when others are only trying to help.God bless you always.

Coop

#210676 - 03/14/08 01:06 PM Re: thank you so much [Re: thecoopstah]
OKIE MIKE Offline

Loc: HULBERT OK
Even if the condition did preexist. It does not matter. Because if the condition was made worse or agravated by military service . That makes the Veterans Admistration responsible for the treatment of the condition .You may be entitled to service conected compincation, if your symtoms meet federal guide lines. Look at the VA web site the info is there.
The thing that is going to win is persistance and patents
good luck

"I HAD NO SHOES THEN I SAW A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.