Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, 1 invisible), 5 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444209 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#210588 - 03/13/08 11:27 PM testing poz
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
may of 2000 i was a junior in highschool. they have a blood drive every year in the auditorium. everyone wears the sticker "i gave blood" or "i tried to give blood." most sign up to get out of class for a period and the free cookies. i did too.i bunch of my friends and i all went together. i had been having sex for a while but lied on the donor form. they didn't need to know it was homosexual sex. what does it matter? and it's not like i was going to share that openly with my gossipy friends. so we all gave blood. no big deal. ate some cookies. went back to class.

i got a phone call from the red cross saying that i needed to get tested. got a list of clinics. got blood drawn. this was before the rapid test was common. waited the 2 weeks. found out i was HIV+. i was cluesless. some guys say they know they have it. i for sure didn't. at the time, i figured it was from a random trick i had that previous christmas at a party where i got super drunk and had uprotected sex. that scenerio made sense to me and i belived that for years. i couldn't believe that i got it from mark, my perp. for so long, i had told everyone that the party trick was my first fuck. no one knew about mark. the second life i was living.

so i was 17. gay. poz. and was like.. shit? now what. i didn't tell any of my friends. i didn't tell my parents. i didn't tell mark. it became my other secret.

i ended up having to tell my parents because of insurance issues. it was right after i turned 18. i had to tell them that i was gay and poz. and of course the shit hit the fan. i was given 2 hours to pack and get the hell out of the house.

so much for support.

#210595 - 03/14/08 12:31 AM Re: testing poz [Re: Jarrad]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Jarrad Is there any way to making a positive out of such a negative issue? Is there any way to educate todays kids to the dangers of unprotected sex?

Tom

#210599 - 03/14/08 12:49 AM Re: testing poz [Re: Muldoon]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
Jarrad,

I can't believe the insensitivity of your parents. You of course, deserve to be loved and accepted for just being you, the heck with your sexuality and medical condition.

Don't let that experience define you and keep working to find a way to let go of that negative situation so it loses it's power over you.

Glad that your here and have found others much more accepting. The acceptance is what you deserve and to be free to be who you are.

#210629 - 03/14/08 07:03 AM Re: testing poz [Re: Barney]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

jarrad----------------such creeps------------------parents??????????????????i didnt give mine a chance to throw me out-------------------------i left at 17 years old------------------told them to get screwed--------------------you deserve the best in this world-------------------steve

#210633 - 03/14/08 07:40 AM Re: testing poz [Re: sabata]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jarrad,

I knew your story from our past talks, but not in this detail. I'm glad you have been able to talk about "the other secret". The story of how your parents abandoned you fills me with rage.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#210659 - 03/14/08 10:31 AM Re: testing poz [Re: Muldoon]
Jarrad Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: arizona
yeah tom, i have talked to teens about it. i dont know if thats a positive... teens dont really care when you come into their health class.

i did use my resources my senior year in college for my thesis. my topic was bug chasing, which is people who actually want the virus, and seek it out. im working on getting the ad campaign i did produced. just need some funding.

#210667 - 03/14/08 10:43 AM Re: testing poz [Re: Jarrad]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
PARENTS ARE CREEPS, I so feel for you Jarrad. I always thought parents are suppose to protect their children. They are suppose to educate, care for, love, nurture and be responsible for their children.

My brother was my perp. He used and abused me for over 5 years. I was his sex object, his boy toy to use. I told my mom numerous times about what her loving son was doing to me. How he would force me to give him blow jobs, how is fucked me until I screamed with pain. And the abuse continued. My mother did NOTHING TO STOP the abuse.

Parents, what parents, who needs parents like we had?

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.