Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443287 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#210501 - 03/13/08 01:54 PM Sequoia Weekend of Recovery - Recommendations
QuantumLeap Offline
New Here

Loc: Oregon
This is my first post. I am just now confronting my sexual abuse, pain that I have repressed for 33 years. I am eager for a life change to enable me to reclaim my life and enable intimacy with my gal.

I am seeking thumbs up or down on anyone's experience with the Sequoia Weekend of Recovery. My expectations are high. Is that justified by your past experiences with this event? Why?

Thanks!
QuantumLeap

#210512 - 03/13/08 03:42 PM Re: Sequoia Weekend of Recovery - Recommendations [Re: QuantumLeap]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
QuantumLeap,
I will be attending as well and I am nervously excited. Everyone has been so positive and encouraging about it I am sure it will be terrific.

#210515 - 03/13/08 04:04 PM Re: Sequoia Weekend of Recovery - Recommendations [Re: Freedom49]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
I am also attending the WoR. Nervous>yes, Excited>yes, From what I am hearing from others and PM's I have received, everything sounds very encouraging. If I can find and gain help in my healing and recovery, then it will certainly be worth the time spent.

See you guys soon!

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#210533 - 03/13/08 05:54 PM Re: Sequoia Weekend of Recovery - Recommendations [Re: KENKEN]
mike5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I went to a weekend in Ohio last fall. I was very nervous and fearful as it got closer - especially as I drove to the site. It stirred up a lot in my - parts were fun - parts were not so fun - and I definitely encourage you to give it a try. I wish I could be there with yous at Sequoia!

Mike5

#210563 - 03/13/08 09:06 PM Re: Sequoia Weekend of Recovery - Recommendations [Re: mike5]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
QuantumLeap,

Let me first say welcome to MS, I am so glad that you have found us, but I'm sorry you need this site.

I was in Ohio with Mike, and I have to say it was the most positive thing I've done for myself in a long time.

As I drove to the site, I was so nervous, I thought about turning around several times. When I got to the camp, the work started and as the weekend wore on, it became a very safe and healing atmosphere.

When Sunday rolled around, I really didn't want to leave. It was so amazing. I took so many steps forward in three days, it just is hard to describe.

Please, if you can go, drop everything and go. You will be so glad you did.

Good luck and again welcome to MS.

Hope to chat soon,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#210602 - 03/14/08 01:09 AM Re: Sequoia Weekend of Recovery - Recommendations [Re: Scoutvictim]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
I hope to be at the Sequoia session myself and am looking forward to the experience. Can't think of a better way to spend the weekend.

Barney

#210669 - 03/14/08 11:23 AM Re: Sequoia Weekend of Recovery - Recommendations [Re: Barney]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Barney,

I am so glad that you planning to attend also. I think the experience for all of us attending will be so awesome.

See you soon.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.