Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (GT13568, NeverGiveUp23, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443126 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#209828 - 03/09/08 10:47 PM Lost posts???
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Mod team or Nathan,

OK... today I was searching for some of my old posts.

I went to my posts, under the my stuff header, and pulled up my posts. I had 8 pages of posts. But the dates only run back to August. I have lost at least 2 months of posts.

What happened?

So because I happened to remeber one of the titles, I went and did a post search. Hmmmmm ... Even though I put in the correct title, it didn't come up under the subject line search.

Why not?

So I tried again, this time I just put in my user name.

BINGO!!!

All my posts popped up. Even the ones my personnal list didn't include.

I found it, but now I am worried that some of my posts seem to be missing. I know some were wiped out with the whole "fraud" scandle we had several month ago.

I guess the real question is...

Why doesn't the MY STUFF list include all of my stuff?

BTW... also is it just me, or do other guys find the whole date thing on the search page, very confusing?

Older than??? Newer than???? To me it just seems kind of bizzare.

Maybe something like ... Search the last #____ of Months or Years.

I will be watching for an answer.

Thank you,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#209832 - 03/09/08 11:15 PM Re: Lost posts??? [Re: Scoutvictim]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Carl,

I don't know for sure, but I think the forum software probably has some limitation on the number of a member's most recent posts that it can tie to their profile, which is probably why you only see x number of the most recent ones under My Posts. Word searches can be tricky things if not formulated just right, but as you noted, it found them by user name. So I'm pretty sure all of your posts are here, they just have to be looked for with a bigger magnifying glass. \:\) Now, hopefully Nathan or a mod who really does know what they're talking about (unlike me) will be along to confirm or deny.

#209853 - 03/10/08 01:45 AM Re: Lost posts??? [Re: EGL]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Thank you EGL,

You probably know more than I do, so your way closer to Nathan than me.

BTW.... where can I find that bigger magnifying Glass?

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#209880 - 03/10/08 09:11 AM Re: Lost posts??? [Re: Scoutvictim]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Carl,

The software only keeps a certain number of posts in the list. 200 or some such number as I recall. After that they drop off the bottom of the list as you add new ones. It works no different for us on the mod team unfortunately. Makes it tough to research stuff out at times, but oh well, eh. Sorry 'bout that.

Lots of love,

John

#209999 - 03/11/08 12:44 AM Re: Lost posts??? [Re: Scoutvictim]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Originally Posted By: Scoutvictim

BTW.... where can I find that bigger magnifying Glass?

Luv ya,
Carl

Well, as bad as my eyes are getting in my old(er) age, I'm going to need a pretty darn bigger magnifying glass pretty soon!

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.