Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
7 registered (Scott1962, randombreeze, petercorbett, Suwanee, Jude, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63224 Topics
442105 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#209819 - 03/09/08 10:06 PM A Thread of Support for a Brother
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Hello all,

I have had the honor of meeting a great guy on this site. He has offered great words of encouragment, and shared some ups and downs. This man and I came to this site about the same time last year, and we have shared a lot.

Some of you know, (because of a post on the members side) that he is now going through a very rough time. I asked his wife if I could do anything to support him and his family. She said if I wanted to let everyone know of his current troubles, I could.

So for all who don't get over to the members side I deceided to share here.

Let's all send our best wishes to Robbie Brown!

He was hospitalized on March 7th, and will hopefully be out by the 12th. He is trying to deal with a lot of issues, and needed to seek help.

Please post your well wishes and support and I know he will be back to read any thoughts. If just one strikes a cord for him, than maybe we can help his recovery.

Thank You all,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#209824 - 03/09/08 10:09 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Scoutvictim]
Scoutvictim Offline

Rob,

I hope you will look at this recent event as just a pot-hole in the road of recovery.

I know you are strong enough to beat this crap, keep fighting. I will always be here for you, and I know many of the other guys will stand by you also.

Good luck, and I hope to see you back soon.

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

#209825 - 03/09/08 10:17 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Scoutvictim]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Robbie,
Your posts and your heart have helped me in a lot of way since my short time here on the boards. I have read some of you story and I know there is much more from the quality of your friends and the love they have for you. I have talked with you in chat and responded to your posts with my love and suggestions and support. I miss you here. I pray God grant you the wisdom and strength to hang on and continue the fight. I know it is very very hard not to give up and let the perps who abused you so long ago continue to rule your life and your thoughts. I also know little Robbie was tough enough to survive and make it this far for you. Between our strength and his you can do this. God bless.

#209840 - 03/10/08 12:16 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Freedom49]
johnnymike Offline

Loc: Central Ohio
Rob,

Hi, I am brand new here. I have already received incredible support, understanding and love and I want to pass some of that on to you. Looking forward to getting to know you and many members here.

Peace,

johnnymike

#209860 - 03/10/08 02:27 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: johnnymike]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

We're standing united supporting you, Rob. You've been a friend and support to other men here, giving of yourself when your heart was breaking. We now hold you in our thoughts and prayers.

Lots of love,

John

#209868 - 03/10/08 06:26 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: WalkingSouth]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Rob --

You've come so far, and nothing will take that away. Good for you for asking for help when things got bad. May you rebound stronger than ever!

David

#209894 - 03/10/08 12:32 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: MemoryVault]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Rob,

It takes a real man to ask for help with his issues in life. We are all here hoping the best for you and your family.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#209908 - 03/10/08 03:28 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: KENKEN]
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Rob we have shared so much over this last year, I know you will find the strength to get pass these times. Glad you where able to ask for the help when you needed it.

See you soon.

Tom

#209932 - 03/10/08 05:37 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Muldoon]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Robbie,
I hope you feel better soon, to echo what the others guys said it takes a real man to ask for help. I have been where you have more time than I care to admit. If you ever need to chat PM me any time.
you have been a great contributor to my recovery here I hope I can do the same for you. Love ya man!

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#209939 - 03/10/08 06:51 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: GateKPR4]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

rob hang tight-------steve

#209961 - 03/10/08 09:08 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: GateKPR4]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Robbie,

I'm sorry it's so hard for you now. But asking for help when you need it is a great skill to have. I hope you're back in shape quickly.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#209969 - 03/10/08 10:19 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: sabata]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Rob,
I'm glad you did what you needed to do and took care of yourself. You know I care about you, and I'm here if you need to talk.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#209974 - 03/10/08 11:27 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: onlyakid]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Rob, I hope this helps you come to a better place of peace with things. Looking forward to your return.

#209983 - 03/10/08 11:47 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: EGL]
grover Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Tennessee
Rob, hang in there and take care of yourself. That's job one for you right now.

#209985 - 03/10/08 11:54 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: grover]
Army Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Hey Robby,

Army here... I am here for ya bro! Just to let you know that your in my prayers. Glad you finaly got the help you needed. Just know that all things are gonna work out ok, it may not be the way you thought it should look, but it will be ok.

Your friend,

((Army))

#210403 - 03/12/08 10:59 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Army]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Robbie,

I just wanted to add that I have always enjoyed reading your posts, and they have been helpful to me the short time I have been here. This stuff can be difficult, and I am glad you reached out for help when you were in a time of need. I hope you are feeling better.

Eric

#210447 - 03/13/08 03:14 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: ericc]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Its March 12... now 13 by my clock, Has anyone heard from our friend, the "man in brown"?

Hope alls well.
~Brian

#210450 - 03/13/08 04:41 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: frost]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Brian

i spoke to L yesterday and she said he was feeling better and more settled.
I passed on the messages to her and she is very grateful to everyone here.

If he is not back home today i will be speaking to her and let you know what is going on.

Ben

#210470 - 03/13/08 08:57 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rob is having his drugs ramped up and they seem to be working.
he is a lot better than when he went in.

Will be able to find out more later.

Hope he is able to come back soon.

Ben

#210473 - 03/13/08 09:22 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Thanks for the update Ben - I hope Rob continues to improve.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#210476 - 03/13/08 09:38 AM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: roadrunner]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I know I for one am looking forward to his return! Hope he's getting better moment by moment!

#210528 - 03/13/08 05:10 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: JustScott]
SEVEN ARROWS Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well the news about Rob looks very good, he is good and feeling much better.

He should be back home tomorrow. 14th........

Ben

#210535 - 03/13/08 06:02 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: SEVEN ARROWS]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Ben,

That is GREAT NEWS about Rob. Thanks for keeping us all informed.

It is nice to have support during recovery.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#210847 - 03/15/08 12:00 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: KENKEN]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Hi Guys!

I just found this thread. Thank you all for your well-wishes.

This last time in the Hospital was a rough one (but it kept me alive). It was a Psychiatric Intensive Care Ward. Very strict, very scary in many ways (talk about incentive to behave....sheesh!) I was scared shitless a few times.

Anyway, while in there, I came to the conclusion there that the corporate world is one big stress factor that I can eliminate from my life. I can't eliminate my CSA, but I can dump the pressure of "do-or-die" sales.

It looks as if I'll be out on disability insurance to begin with, and will be seeking a new career.

I will greatly miss meeting up with many of you during my travels (that are now ended). I formed some fabulous friendships and can honestly say that I've come to love some of you whom I've met. Many of you have helped me through some tough stuff in one way or another but each and every one of you has provided true friendship when I've needed it the most.

I'm very thankful that I've got you guys on my side during this transition period too.

Again....THANK YOU!!!

Still's Globs

New Video

#210851 - 03/15/08 12:13 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Still]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rob--It Works Both Ways---------------Thank You For making the Effort To Visit Me---------------That Ment A lot To me-------------------------------------So Thank You Robbie---------------------steve

#210855 - 03/15/08 12:32 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Still]
Scoutvictim Offline

Rob,

Although you are now grounded in New England, I am sure you will be flying through recovery, at 36,000 feet. I think all of us know that stress can derail our healing. Now that you have chosen to eliminate that stress, hopefully you will begin to soar again.

I know many questions remain for the future, but you have shown you are stronger that this crap. You know when to seek help and I for one will continue to be here to support you.

Be strong for little S. and R., they need a loving father. Now that you will be home more, continue to love and protect them. Show them home much fun "little Robbie" can be, and enjoy watching them grow.

If you need anything, just ask here (or that other place) and I will help, any way that I can.

Love you,
Carl

#210880 - 03/15/08 02:28 PM Re: A Thread of Support for a Brother [Re: Scoutvictim]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rob,

Anything we are able to provide we are absolutely willing. That may only end up being a "Go Rob, we've got your back", but just know it comes from the heart.

Lots of love,

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.