Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
2 registered (Aptrick, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63408 Topics
443326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#209785 - 03/09/08 08:07 PM The Invisible
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
One of the core beliefs abuse taught me was that I a destructive kid. I as watching The Invisible (a dark and angst-y ghost movie), and one of the key players in the movie is a girl who at one point says to her little brother "Don't be like me. I ruin everything I touch." What a hard line to listen to. The movie itself is not really centered around SA, but that one line really spoke to me.

One other notable aspect of the movie that stood out to me was the broken relationship between mother and son.

Edited by FormerTexan (03/09/08 08:11 PM)

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#209809 - 03/09/08 09:30 PM Re: The Invisible [Re: FormerTexan]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Andy,
I saw that movie and it really hit me too. I as not expecting that. I was expecting a ghost story. That scene where she tries to help protect her little brother got me bad. The next one was where the boy is watching his mother grieve and when she started crying so did I. It was a good movie in my opinion in that it dealt with the after math of two disfunctional families whose paths cross in a tragic way. Very triggering for me though. Then again what isn't these days...

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.