Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
9 registered (estuardo, I Want 2 Thrive, CafeMan, Jwmcd2, 3 invisible), 65 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62555 Topics
438326 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#225650 - 05/21/08 09:42 PM Re: Trying [Re: EGL]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Wow Larry, I'm so happy for you. It's come full circle. All he was all, all he worked for has been exposed as fraud. He WAS a fraud and now everyone knows it. Now you are what's important to the church and you will make the exact opposite contribution to them that he did. He brought shame and you will bring pride back to them.

I hope this will be healing for you're spirituality as well Larry, you deserve to get back that part of you as well as all the other parts of you that you have reclaimed.

Stay strong
Mike

#225653 - 05/21/08 09:55 PM Re: Trying [Re: mogigo]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I'm proud of you Larry. Very very proud. I think you have chained away more "ghosts and goblins" than you are aware of. You have opened people's eyes to the truth. God has used you mightily with part of His people - and I am awestruck.

Again - I'm just so very proud of you.

M

#225685 - 05/22/08 12:25 AM Re: Trying [Re: MarkK]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Larry,

There are so many things that could be said but somehow they seem to be trite on this occasion. I just want to offer you a huge hug and let you know you're loved.

{{{{{{{{Larry}}}}}}}}

#225896 - 05/22/08 10:29 PM Re: Trying [Re: WalkingSouth]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Thanks for all the support everyone. Today I have been exhausted and still processing. Took a few phone calls from family members and local friends who are also very supportive. I just feel so tired, just emotionally gone. But Cathie produced a coconut cream pie and that has cheered me up! \:D

Tomorrow I'm planning a long walk by the river ....

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#225901 - 05/22/08 10:43 PM Re: Trying [Re: roadrunner]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Larry this is awesome. sorry for not seeing this thread sooner. I think its really cool that your church is so open to dealing with this. maybe it will start a new trend and other churches will follow there lead.

Anyways i think its really great that you are able to face this stuff in such a positive way

best regards,
Chris

#225944 - 05/23/08 03:50 AM Re: Trying [Re: theatrekid]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((hugs of support and admiration)))

andrei

#225948 - 05/23/08 05:29 AM Re: Trying [Re: ak]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Larry,

I almost don't know what to say. I am very happy that you were recieved so warmly by the leardership of the church and that they took an active interest in you. It is a difficult issue for both sides to address, but it does help when they sincerely want to address the problem of CSA.

In my eyes, the best thing that happened is when the pastor said he would help you re-establish your relationship with God(paraphrasing). I think this process started some time ago, beginning with your retirement and leading up to this meeting and the opportunity to work with them to establish educational and support programs for survivors and family members. God has been working through you for a longtime and has never left your side Larry. I think he has selected you to be his instrument in helping all of us on MS, and now, in helping countless others throughout the US. This has the potential to really blossom into a national model for support and education.

I am very proud to be associated with you. You are a very good man and role-model for all fo us. It is long overdue that you have the peace in your life that you so deservingly earned. I think you took one of your final steps to burying your demons when you went to the grave of your abuser and this time he had no power over you or your emotions.

God bless you Larry and keep doing what you do... for all of us!

Dan

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.