Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Suwanee, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63234 Topics
442181 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#209382 - 03/07/08 08:03 PM told him off in my own way
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
again i wrote a long post (couple of pages), but i don't like to post those

anyway, summarising some bits of it

i didn't realise my brother was coming home today, he was being his usual self, so within a scenario, he comes to me and is putting his arm around me (faking caring-because he knows i dont like things like that- especially from him), but trying to crush me with his arm, and in his job he suppose to be pretty strong but I think my strength matches his because you can tell when your wrestling in that kind of way.

It came out without it meaning to, my choice of words, i said, with an intensity that i didn't realise i had and calm and control and maybe too much purpose, it certainly took me back, i said "Dont touch me, Dont touch me"
My father gave me a curious look, if my brother noticed my words, he didn't show it. I also implied that he was gay.

I must have been posessed because i didn't plan to use those words, it must have wanted to come out. My father later expressed an interest in reading a story (fiction) that i've been writing for ages and before he wasn't interested in it, when i joked that it wouldn't be finished for another twenty years he said that he could be dead within five years, what kind of thing is that to say? and why the interest now?

anyway, take that! DONT TOUCH ME! i wish i had said it back then, grrrrrrrrr!
DONT TOUCH ME!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#209384 - 03/07/08 08:09 PM Re: told him off in my own way [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
KT,

I think we all wish we had said or done something "back then", but when you think like that have a look at what you are doing. You are looking with the eyes of a 19 yo at things that happened when you were a little boy. You didn't have then the knowledge, strength and confidence that you have now, and while you may think you should have done this or that, the truth is probably that back then you didn't have those choices. Please don't judge yourself.

And by the way, I'm very proud of you for what you said to your brother. I'm sure he gets the message behind those three words!

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#209395 - 03/07/08 09:28 PM Re: told him off in my own way [Re: roadrunner]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

KT----Good For You-------Keep it up--------------steve

#209398 - 03/07/08 09:32 PM Re: told him off in my own way [Re: sabata]
user2007 Offline

WOW! Man, that was really great!!

All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#209419 - 03/07/08 11:39 PM Re: told him off in my own way [Re: user2007]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
KT

I'm happy those words came out. I've felt it's something that's been coming for a while. Your brother noticed. I am sure of it.

I don't know about your father. It may mean nothing, or it could be his way of trying to open up some more serious discussion.

Keith

#209463 - 03/08/08 01:46 AM Re: told him off in my own way [Re: KeithR]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth
Way To Go KT

Took me years to learn that one \:\)

I'm really proud of you.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.