Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (peroperic2009), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64017 Topics
446771 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#209058 - 03/05/08 11:07 PM Audio Therapy
Power_water Offline

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
I have talked to many differant therapist and they were helpful but, talking to a T doesn't get deep enough for me, and medication came with too many side effects. I Want to get past my cognitive deffences and fix the problem at the source. I need help finding an audio book, to reprogram my subconcious with powerful positive affirmations of confidence and healing. I want to find a motivating uplifting audio book that addresses our concerns, the concerns of an adult male survivor of childhood sexual abuse.

"Leaping apon the mountains" looks like a good book, but I can't find it in audio format. Can anyone help me?

#209067 - 03/06/08 12:30 AM Re: Audio Therapy [Re: Power_water]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
what a great Idea power. I would like to find out about that too. I am in my car a lot and it would really be helpful.

#210033 - 03/11/08 08:36 AM Re: Audio Therapy [Re: Freedom49]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Hmmmm, well this is an interesting one for me indeed, as being a Vi person I do almost all of my reading in audio, ---- the idea that this could be helpful for recovery issues for others is not something that would ever occurre to me.

the basic problem is stuff isn't put into commercial audio unless the publishers really think they'll make extra cash with it, ---- and even if it is done, it's often abridged. Most of the audio I get is from specifically vi orientated organizations (which have their own share of issues and biases, particularly in the Uk but let's not go there).

thus while I have a couple of books such as the harry potter series and lotr, as well as various radio plays,it's generally hard to get specific stuff.

anything I find out in audio, which would be both helpful for recovery and either commercially available or available online, I'll post in this thread to let people know. Unfortunately most of the stuff I've found available online thus far tends to be literature I like, rather than stuff which would be useful recovery wise.

To begin with though, the screwtape letters which i was recommending in the books forum is most deffinately available in commercial audio, read by no less than John clease.

#210058 - 03/11/08 11:09 AM Re: Audio Therapy [Re: dark empathy]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Hi everyone

There are a couple of different websites that specialize in audiobooks
Browse the topics & see if anything resonates with you

http://soundstrue.com/

http://www.hayhouse.com/

I have always been a big fan of Louise
Currently I am listening to cd's based on EMDR that I borrowed from my local library

Craig

#210529 - 03/13/08 05:24 PM Re: Audio Therapy [Re: ineffable]
Power_water Offline

Thanks guys, I'm going to start listening to
broadcasts by Joel Osteen, and thats powerfully
positive stuff!

#210537 - 03/13/08 06:13 PM Re: Audio Therapy [Re: Power_water]
des6263 Offline

Loc: midwest, US
Not familiar with Joel Osteen, fill me in?
Peace and Love,
David

#215351 - 04/04/08 01:49 PM Re: Audio Therapy [Re: des6263]
Power_water Offline

TV evangalist with the largest following in the USA,

He mixes the motivational messages of Zig Zigglar, Tony Robbins with the spiritual messages of Billy Graham, and he allways has the>

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.