Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
8 registered (finallyhere, OCN, CafeMan, pufferfish, 3 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63575 Topics
444171 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#207892 - 02/28/08 07:47 AM Letting go, moving forward
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Hey guys,

I saw my T yesterday after 10 or so years of therapy and he suggested that I am ready to let go and move forward.

Not black out the CSA or forget that it ever happenned but start working off the basis that I am human and I have issues. He wants me to leave the pathology behind and begin pressing forward as a human with human troubles, just a regular guy working towards living in the moment.

I feel like I have been released from this tragic moment in my life, like I have been released from a prison sentence. I don't know why but his words, the "okay" to move forward have given me a peace like I have not felt in my life.

I feel like I need to say this to you guys because; well I don't know how to say it. I just feel like you have been here for me and I want to thank you for the years of support, a place to go and hang out with brothers that I have never seen. I feel like I have hugged each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart a hug that means love and understanding, a hug that does not let go, a hug that is not stand offish, not quick not loose, a firm hug, a real hug with real meaning behind it.

I want to say that I am leaving but I have been there and done that so I want say I'm leaving. I will say that I am going to move on and see what the future holds. I will try not to come back here because I want to put an end to the CSA and move forward. I hope you understand.

I love you guys,

#207907 - 02/28/08 11:27 AM Re: Letting go, moving forward *DELETED* [Re: John Oarc]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#207908 - 02/28/08 11:46 AM Re: Letting go, moving forward [Re: awakening]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
John,

All the best to you. I recently purchased and read your book. It was well worth reading, another part of me is healing. Thanks for being here for all of us.

We're going to miss you, but am so happy that you are at the time in your life to "Move On".

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#207995 - 02/29/08 12:10 AM Re: Letting go, moving forward [Re: KENKEN]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
It was good to have met you John, I wish you well in your life and travels.

#208880 - 03/04/08 06:42 PM Re: Letting go, moving forward [Re: Hauser]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments and God bless each and every one of you.

I will miss each of you, you guys will always be special to me and in my heart.

You have helped me grow and I will never forget it.

#208882 - 03/04/08 06:58 PM Re: Letting go, moving forward [Re: John Oarc]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
John, I wish you well on your new journey in life, I am truly happy for you. There are wonderful things to come for you make the best of it. \:\) Go forth and enjoy your freedom \:\)
peace & light

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#208985 - 03/05/08 02:50 PM Re: Letting go, moving forward [Re: GateKPR4]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Good luck John. It was a pleasure reading your posts. I hope all is well out there.

Jason

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.