Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (J.R., Greg56, skyguy, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64200 Topics
448020 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#208617 - 03/03/08 02:09 PM Embarrased/Ashamed
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
One of my teachers from High School came in to the computer store where I work (atleast I'm pretty sure it was her) and all I could do is hide and ignore her because I'm afraid of what I've accomplished so far in life. I'm working in the same place I did when I was 16 and I really haven't done much for myself.

I feel ashamed of what I've become.

Jason

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#208644 - 03/03/08 06:36 PM Re: Embarrased/Ashamed [Re: onlyakid]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Jason,
You have nothng to be ashamed of. You had some extraordinary circumstances in your life. Your alive and well and have a job supporting yourself. Others have given up and checked out over a lot less. Your still ok in my book guy.

#208675 - 03/03/08 08:59 PM Re: Embarrased/Ashamed [Re: Freedom49]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
Jason,

I agree with Roger. Holding any job for for over 10 years is an accomplishment in itself. I've only worked one place that long. At this point I never will work anywhere that long again. There is something to be said for stability, even if you don't feel it's glamorous.

However, if you feel you should have a different path, you are still very young. In the post titled "1 in 6 what do they do" (mine), I noticed one guy went back to school after 20 years.

Keith

Edited by KeithR (03/03/08 09:01 PM)

#208873 - 03/04/08 05:35 PM Re: Embarrased/Ashamed [Re: KeithR]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I have never held any job that long. I went and got my GED at about 30yo I think. Then I learned computers in my spare time through one of those TV school Ads. I have only been at this job 5 years and was temporary for 3. It took many years for me to do anything. I was a dock worker for 4 years, a shelf stock boy for 4 years. You still have time to change if thats what you want to do. Nothing to be ashamed of holding down a job that long. As said before, many never make it, I was almost one of them many times.
One thing I have learned is that I judge myself more than anyone else does. I am also my own worse judge.

Live is not about what you do for work, that is not who you are.
You are a person, a living being with feelings, its the lives we touch and the things we share that make up who we are.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.