Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
6 registered (woodenshoes, sorryson, focusedbody, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63802 Topics
445524 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#208384 - 03/02/08 07:27 AM Re: MOVIE: ANTWONE FISHER '''''Triggers"""" [Re: marshmellow]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ken,

If you haven't confronted your brother yet I would suggest that you read this article by Ken Singer, a professional therapist and one of the moderators on this site. It's a great resource for survivors planning a confrontation.

If you have already confronted your brother, could you tell us how it went?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#208428 - 03/02/08 11:00 AM Re: MOVIE: ANTWONE FISHER '''''Triggers"""" [Re: roadrunner]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
LARRY,

I have read Ken Singers' article which was a great source for me. My T who is working with me diligently in my desire to confront my brother, has asked me to write and rewrite letters. I have used Ken Singers' outline regarding confrontation. It has been very useful for me. I am putting my thoughts and things I want and need to say to him, my brother, into words. Must say it is very hard to do. I have cried and cried, but feel it is a part of my healing process.

One of the reasons why my T has asked me to watch Antwone Fisher is I need to be strong as Antwone was when he confronted his abusers. I am not there yet.

So to answer your question, no, I have not yet confronted by brother. But I KNOW I WILL do this. I have to for my sake of healing and I WANT ANSWERS. I have to know why he did this to me. I need to know why and how he could be so cruel to his little brother. I know I may not get the answers I am looking for, but if I don't ask, I will never know.

When I get my strength to do this, I will post. I know I will need the help and support of all my friends here on MS>

Thanks for caring Larry.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#208743 - 03/04/08 06:59 AM Re: MOVIE: ANTWONE FISHER '''''Triggers"""" [Re: marshmellow]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Is this movie triggery at all?

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#208805 - 03/04/08 11:33 AM Re: MOVIE: ANTWONE FISHER '''''Triggers"""" [Re: Still]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Robbie,

My T. recommended I watch the movie and write down my thoughts and feelings as they occur. Yes, I was triggered during the movie. But I will say that the movie is put together well. No bad language or x-rated scenes.

My main reason for watching the movie is that I am going to confront my perp., brother, when I feel I am ready to do so. This is something that I have to do for myself. The movie ends with Antwone confronting his perp's. I have some ways to go yet in my healing and recovery, but I have learned much watching the movie. My GF also watched it with me. I think you might enjoy it.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#208835 - 03/04/08 02:44 PM Re: MOVIE: ANTWONE FISHER '''''Triggers"""" [Re: KENKEN]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I just watched this recently, and for me it did indeed invoke allot of feelings, but I'm not sure I can say that it triggered me, more than just stirring up those feelings within me. Guess we're all different in how we respond. One of my abusers was a female older than myself, so that certainly really struck a cord in me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.