Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#212713 - 03/24/08 02:53 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: dave999]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
it's good to know i'm not alone in this battle ... though for me the twist comes in the form of being gay and married. for years i pushed the thought of my being fixated on men to being the result of my abuse. i too have had relationships with men - but for me they were usually very fulfilling, i did not feel empty, used, or guilty aftereward. other than the depression that i was married and finding out that maybe i never should have taken that step...

#212716 - 03/24/08 03:02 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: MarkK]
cbfull Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
In general I feel very satisfied and connected after intimacy with my partner. Casual encounters with men generally left me feeling sort of empty, but very satisfied.

I think we might all agree that sexual encounters that are a result of acting out will likely be the ones that result in feelings of terrible disgust, shame, guilt, loathing, etc.

Guilt and shame have never done any of us any good at all.

#212719 - 03/24/08 03:15 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: cbfull]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: cbfull
I think we might all agree that sexual encounters that are a result of acting out will likely be the ones that result in feelings of terrible disgust, shame, guilt, loathing, etc.

I agree with that evaluation. It even makes sense (to me, anyhoo) - if it's acting out based on a traumatic experience - it would tend to leave me "feeling dirty" ....

#212728 - 03/24/08 04:47 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: MarkK]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
I'm gay, and I like penises very much.

The post about the "penis power trip" resonated with me, though.

I was in 2nd grade and I had two of my friends over after school to work on homework. We were sitting around the dining room table and my mom was out of sight in the kitchen. I desperately wanted these boys to like me. We were friends, but of course I didn't think anyone would ever truly be my friend. So I felt like I needed to entertain them. My mom made us a snack and would bustle in and our of the room every so often. I thought it would be funny if I started acting goofy when she was out of the room and then suddenly rever to staid normalcy when she returned. I started out with silly faces, but then escalated each time to get a better reaction. Eventually, I jumped on top of the table and pulled down my pants and waved my penis around.

Needless to say, this is one of those memories I usually block out of my conscious mind with my "It didn't happen" mantra -- as I remained in contact with these kids through elementary and high school, I was never able to look them in the eye again.

Dan

#221507 - 04/29/08 05:20 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: VLinvictus]
RobertRent Offline

I was flattered with all the comments I got from men when they saw my penis. I luved seeing how their penis reacted when they saw mine. Like friends meeting each other. My penis brought me pleasure and I liked sharing my penis. My penis was a powertool and I could use it get anything I wanted from this pedos.

Now I have a life and my penis is not a Star anymore.

Edited by RobertRent (04/29/08 05:20 PM)

#223599 - 05/10/08 07:52 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: SpiritRisingMan]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Greetings. I am new here.

I developed a penis fixation shortly after my CSA started when I was 10. A neighbor boy about 2-3 years older pressured me into masturbating with him. I didn't want to but he all but insisted. He said I didn't have to "go all the way". I had no clue then what that meant. When I reluctantly gave in and dropped my pants and underwear he laughed at my penis and called it a microscopic morsel. I was devastated. I became obsessed with other penises after this, including my dad's.

Bark

#223602 - 05/10/08 08:01 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: Barkabus]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Welcome, Bark. I'm glad you found MS to help in your healing.

#223611 - 05/10/08 08:51 PM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: EGL]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Welcome Barkabus glad you found us. Sorry you needed to. This kind of think is not unusual with victims of CSA especially if the focus has been on the penis and not the person himself. You are not the first to be curious about dad's equipment. I unfortunately got the delux up close and personal tour. Trust me it is not worth it. Make youself at home. Read, post, chat and vent as it all helps. If you have any questions click on someone's name that says moderator under it and send them a Private Message and they respond pretty well.

#223836 - 05/12/08 07:52 AM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: SpiritRisingMan]
Ridley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA - IL
I have struggled with penis fixation for such a long time that I really thought I was the only one. Thank you for allowing me to share this journey with other men who know what a struggle this really is. I'm not gay, nor do I desire to be, but the fixation with the male body is overwhelming at times. I'm beginning to understand that it's not the fixation that I struggle with, but the reason I do it. It's because no matter what I do, I don't feel normal and if I don't feel normal then I must not be and if I must not be what good am I. My abuser told me for so long it was my fault that the false guilt makes me feel different. So, I guess I'm really looking so I see that I'm no different, but that is the problem, no matter how many sneak peaks I take, when I look in a mirrow, I still feel different. I'm in great physical shape, I run at least 5 miles a day, have six pack abs, but it's not enough. What can I do to break this distructive cycle?

#223849 - 05/12/08 09:43 AM Re: Penis Fixation ** Possible Triggers [Re: Ridley]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Ridley:
See if there are any predictable patterns you can interrupt.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/ArchivedPages/singer2.html

Since you have the discipline to do the running and crunches, you can also put this one of a track for controlling. It will be difficult because there are some rewards associated with the behavior. But for many of us the choice between a Snickers bar and doing physical activity is not complicated. Sounds like you have willpower. That will help.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.