Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#208703 - 03/03/08 10:42 PM hello
kinetic1 Offline
New Here

I wanted to say hi, and thank you very much for having this forum. I thought I should probably post now while things are going pretty good, because eventually things will go bad again... and I hate to think that, but we are just at the beginning of the healing process. After reading some of the touching entries here I will not be fooling myself.

I have been with my SO for almost four years. He gave me a hint about the csa maybe a year and a half into our rel, but never enough details for me to be able to figure out the truth. That's fine with me, it's my position that I'm a girlfriend and a partner, not a therapist. Then about a year ago the truth came spilling out. Then a few months ago the perpetrator died, and he was in the midst of a depression as it was. I had no idea, but now I believe that the person's death triggered him acting out. He has problems with alcohol and anger. We had tried to get him into therapy but got nothing but the runaround for a few months... then last month we had a crisis where he got drunk, destroyed some things in the house and tried to hurt me. I had to leave. Luckily I contacted a friend who works with a women's shelter and we got hooked up to some resources that will actually work for us. I am not yet in therapy, but he is involved with a therapist specifically for csa and I believe he is positive about the growth he needs to undertake.

Even just being here is difficult for me because I am a very private person. Unfortunately I think I will need some support going forward and I am very happy that I found this place, and I thank you all for your contributions.

I cannot imagine how painful this is for him. I believe very strongly that children deserve a childhood and I am so angry that his was taken away from him. I know that he is a good man, sometimes he certainly is confused and confusing though. He has usually been brave enough to be close to me, he is a very loving person. He does have his periods of pushing me away. Hell sometimes I'm confused on what's a normal amount of strife in a relationship; I don't expect things to be peachy all the time; overall I do feel that we love each other and that he is usually trying, which I think says a lot for him. I don't want to defend him though, and I don't want to "take care" of him, or make excuses and I know that I can't fix him.

Well, thanks for listening.

#208711 - 03/04/08 12:00 AM Re: hello [Re: kinetic1]
SpiritRisingMan Offline
New Here

Hi Kinetic. Sorry you needed this place, but I am glad you found us. I am a CSA survivor so I don't know if I can speak to your feelings. However, I can tell you that most, if not all CSA survivors struggle with inner peace and sometimes it is manifested in acting out behaviour. Seems to me that your SO got triggered by the death of his perp. Trigger can definately help. The road is slow, but it does narrow. Feel free to dig through the thousands of posts here. There are so many real gems that can give you the help, guidance and support that you seek. Good bless you. Thank you for the courage to post and for showing the love for your SO by posting. It means a lot to me because I am married and know how hard this all has been for my wife. I love her and I will never be able to thank her for her kindness and understanding.

srm

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.