Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
4 registered (CafeMan, 3 invisible), 75 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62502 Topics
438062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#208589 - 03/03/08 10:01 AM In Hospital - and Screwed Up -
Poet24 Offline

Well, I was just in the hospital last week and it brought a lot of things up. Firstly, the door to my room was behind my bed so I couldn't see when people were coming, I jumped out of bed startled so many times because of the slightest sound entering my room. Plus I was in isolation and everyone had to wear masks around me until a test result came back and that caused me so many panic attacks because some of my history involves being hurt without being able to see the perps face, so I was constantly on edge.

I was so sick, in fact still am, and therefore was completely helpless, couldn't even get to the restroom alone, I had absolutely no control over any part of my life for a week, and from birth until I was 16 I had no control over my life because of abuse and things, snother big trigger. And my personal favorite, the room I was in had a large restraint belt hanging on the wall, why they didn't keep it in the supply room God only knows, but seeing it and knowing what it is used for scared me to death.

Pain was excruciating and the docs kept the pain meds at such a low dose they did absolutely nothing for me, so I was in tears from pain much of the time, and pain is a huge trigger for me, especially extreme pain like I was going through, and am going through, but at least now that I'm home my regular doctor has raised the dose so I am not crying from pain all the time.

There was one kind of positive thing however, I slept a lot, it was good I got some slep but the reason for it is less than positive I suppose. I slept so much because the fear and lack of control transported me back in time, virtually, and my brain just kept shutting itself down so I didn't have to face things. At first my DID kicked into high gear, but I guess it got to much for my alters as well, so I slept, an uneasy sleep with many bad dreams.

I am on Oxygen round the clock and have to use a machine called a 'nebulizer' which vaporizes breathing medication so I can breath it into my lungs. It helps to some extent, but wearing the mask over my face for it is not a good thing. I've used nebulizers off and on all my life, but because of some new memories that came up in the hospital they are really getting to me now, and I mean really getting to me.

And the most depressing thing is very few people called to check on me, or asked my mother about me, even my brothers and sister-in-laws neglected contacting me or my mother about my condition, and honestly, that hurts and has brought up the old self depricating thoughts that I am no good and deserve what happened to me and deserve to be used and not cared for. I just don't understand why all this has to be so hard, I hate it with a passion, almost as much as I hate myself sometimes.

I missed tweo weeks worth of classes and a test, so I hope I can gwet going and make up what I missed soon, luckikly this weejk is Spring Break so I have some time to try to recupirate a little bit. Fear is just overtaking me because of this, I'm still terribly sick and the hospital has set me so far back emotionally and in my healing, right back to the beginning where I can't seem to cope. I am losing it and don't understand why getting help to remain alive seems so dangerous and makes you wish to die at times.

Sorry, I'm just confused and lost and needed to vent, any comments would be welcome, anty ideas on how to move forward would be appreciated, and any thoughts on regaining the lost ground would be welcome, and are sought.

Well, I successfully rambled awhile, thank you to anyone who took the time to read this, and a big thank you in advance to anyone who replies.

I hope we can all find peace,

Poet24

#208608 - 03/03/08 12:46 PM Re: In Hospital - and Screwed Up - [Re: Poet24]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Poet,

I am so sorry you are going through this chunk of hell right now. Struggling with respiratory issues is purely aweful...the fact that treatment (Nebulizer) is triggering only makes it many times worse. Losing control of your life during your time in the H is hard for us survivors to take too.

I'm sporry that I dont have a lot to offer you here except that I do know what you are going through (all too well) and feel for you. You are clearly a strong spirit. You WILL get through this.

One thing that helped me get through times like these was my faith in God and my many conversations with him about my life and how he was running the world.

I wish I had the internet and MS during my earlier days. I would not have felt so alone in my illnesses and abuse.

Anyway...I won't ramble. I just want you to know you are not alone today...and that one fellow survivor sitting in New Hampshire is thinking of you and praying for you.

Still's Globs

New Video

#208611 - 03/03/08 01:01 PM Re: In Hospital - and Screwed Up - [Re: Poet24]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Well, Poet, I've been thinking of you and wondering how you've been doing... I'm really glad you took the time to VENT! It's ok. Sometimes, life is hard and sucky of course. All the hospital stuff and being sick, really sick, is sucky. Emotionally too it takes it's toll a bit. I think you have to kind of just wait being sick out. You'll get better, and progress in healing isn't a steady progression in the short run. I think you'll bounce back, don't you? Lost ground is more easily recovered in my experience. But it's discouraging sometimes and I'm glad you're here!

My T says, and it's true, of some of the thoughts I have... that, they are not mine. They're the voices of abuse and neglect. Ignore them. Because,

You DO deserve to be cared for!! You will get better and make progress and catch up in school!!

Hang in there, and know that we're here for you too.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.