Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, WalkingBuffalo, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64154 Topics
447641 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#208500 - 03/02/08 06:19 PM Please Help Me.
BluntJoey Offline
New Here

I am writing an argumentative paper for my college English 1 class. I fought hard to do the topic of Male rape. I've been a voice for a long time for victims and it's time for me to express my feelings in a cathartic form in this essay. Writing is my life and has been and I really want to be a voice.
There is a lot of resources on male-to-male rape but I a very interested in female-to-male rape, in ADULT males. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#208512 - 03/02/08 07:36 PM Re: Please Help Me. [Re: BluntJoey]
dark empathy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: durham, north england
Hi Joey.

I'm really pleased someone is addressing this academically, one of the worst experiences I've ever had was a lecture on physical ethics by a very one sided feminist, who, ---- though she slightly mentioned the possibility (with references to appropriate reading matter), that men could be victims of men, spent most of her time stating how women were always victims of such things, and how evil men were in these matters (and the lecture was supposed to be a general overview for my philosophy degree).

so, I'm really glad someone is writing on this subject, ---- it's something I myself would like to do, but cannot at the moment (I find it very difficult to speak, or write such things myself, ---- particularly the S word).

While I believe there are psychological resources on the subject, very litle seems to have been mentioned in ethics, though thomas nagel's paper on perversion comes close to providing some gender neutral ideas on the subject. but even by typing specific keywords into search engines for philosophy or ethics related articals brought up litle or nothing.

there are probably more specific psychology resources as well, but I have not come across them in what research I've been able to do. Even wikipedia only listed this site (which is why i'm here now).

as your diciplin is English, I'd be interested to know if you've come across any examples in literature. I've personally only ever come across one example of female to male, and that in a fantasy novel, Wizard's first rule by terry goodkind.

there are several examples of parent to child abuse I've read, ---- such as A child called It by Dave pelsa, but nothing about adults, or even, ---- as in my case, teenagers (the people involved were quite deffinately the same age as me, betwene 12 and 16).

If you do discover any references, please let me know.

One day I would deffinately like to write about the subject as well, either in an academic or literary sense, but at the moment that's just not possible, ---- so it's fantastic that you've got the courage to do this and I wish you the best of luck.

#208894 - 03/04/08 09:57 PM Re: Please Help Me. [Re: BluntJoey]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
Hi Joey, well done on picking a hard subject to write about! I am not sure that you can find any authoritative references on the subject of male rape, let alone female on male rape. For a while I was on another web site Pandora's Aquarium One of the ladies on there had started a post on there about why men rape, and had a link to her college paper, here is the link, Theories of Sexual Coercion: Evolutionary, Feminist, and Biosocial Perspectives At the time, I felt that any theories on rape must be incomplete if they cannot account for why men are raped. Her page will at least start you thinking.

On this site you can find articles in the Library
Please note, before using them you need to talk to the web site, about it!
If you do come across any theories about (male on male rape) or (female on male rape), please post the links on here!

Take care,
Clifford

#208904 - 03/04/08 11:48 PM Re: Please Help Me. [Re: lostcowboy]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Rape, male or female is an act of violence. It is an act of dominance and control. It says I have power over you. I own you and I own your body. You are mine. Just my opinion.

#208906 - 03/04/08 11:57 PM Re: Please Help Me. [Re: Freedom49]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Joey,

The first place you should look for a survey of all scientific research to 2003 is Josef Spiegel, Sexual Abuse of Males. I don't have my copy here, but check in the index and then go to the relevant section, where you will find a ton of important references, including both books and research papers published in scientific journals.

Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.