Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446694 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#208115 - 02/29/08 06:47 PM Bad time of the year or what?
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
It is just me or have I noticed a lot more sadness and depression lately. Me included. That surprised me in myself as things are kind of getting better with me but lately I have just been down. Nothing I can really put my finger on personally.
I have noticed in the forums there is even more negative rants, vents, sad poetry, and even in chat a lot more unhappiness than usual.
Now don't get me wrong here. I know what this place is for and I expect some really sad posts, and chats but I have noticed even in some who seemed to be doing better a down turn in the phrases and sentence structure. Winter is a tough time and that may be it or it could be that we are getting a lot of people on the site that are new and hurting.
I admit I had to back off a little as it kind of got to me so I was wondering if any one else had noticed?
Could be just me, I suppose.....

Edited by Freedom49 (02/29/08 06:48 PM)

#208129 - 02/29/08 08:23 PM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: Freedom49]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I've noticed it, too. I'm not sure why it's around though. *shrug*

#208136 - 02/29/08 08:47 PM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: AndyJB2005]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
I have also noticed it. I attributed it to the long winter we are having in the midwest. I heard something on the radio the other day that there were 26 days with no sunshine in the month of January.

#208137 - 02/29/08 08:48 PM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: AndyJB2005]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Same on this side of the world. There seems to be a lot of frustration, and anger coming through. Like its in the air or something. I have even been affected by it whatever it is. The full lunar eclipse just passed? maybe this is an after effect.
Or life really sucks and people are finally tired of getting screwed. This is not just here, I have seen it all over the place. At work, on the road, in stores. Just some weird negative cloud floating over life.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#208203 - 03/01/08 10:19 AM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: GateKPR4]
des6263 Offline

Loc: midwest, US
Winter Blues!
There is a name for it now, SAD, Seasonal ?something? Disorder. Has to do with not enough sunshine, they have light therapy to treat it. Not everyone is affected by it. I saw something on Chicago Tonight about it.

I am in the Midwest also, has been a long dreary winter and its not done yet!

Where in the Midwest are you DanM? I'm in northwest Indiana.

Lets all go out and get some sunshine!

Peace and Love,
David

#208209 - 03/01/08 10:40 AM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: des6263]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Oh yeah I have heard of that Des6263. Maybe that is all it is but it must affect us worse due to our tendancy toward sadness and depression anyway. GEEZ I can't wait for spring

#208210 - 03/01/08 10:40 AM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: des6263]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Whatever IT is called, it does have a hold on me also. Seems very little has gone well in my life lately. From Job change to GF moving out, seems when the shit hits the fan, it blows the shit everywhere.

But today here in Colorado it is getting up to 70. We are going to take out the bike and ride. Hope it sheds a different light on my life.

Guess the saying that "there is light at the end of the tunnel" is suppose to keep us going.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#208228 - 03/01/08 12:16 PM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: KENKEN]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
S.A.D. = season affective disorder, I think.

I've got it in spades

Mike

#208232 - 03/01/08 12:39 PM Re: Bad time of the year or what? [Re: mogigo]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Hey all,

I heard last night on the local news, we only have 19 days until the first day of Spring.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's start a countdown post. Hmmmmmm... I think I may do that.

Luv ya all,
Carl

P.S. Look for it in the Off topic Forum

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.