Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444538 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#208022 - 02/29/08 07:24 AM Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Perth

It's the voice you hear inside
(that tells you) who you truly are ...

Its Mardi Gras time in Sydney ... it's an experience one has to attend to fully appreciate, for me its a time of reaffirmation.
It holds a special place in my heart because its where I felt truly free for the first time.
Mardi Gras to me is about proclaiming, reclaiming & rejoicing ...

So in the spirit of the occasion ...

I proclaim my release

I don't hate you anymore, but I can't forgive what you have done to me, you kept me in silence for so long that I thought I had lost my voice. I can no longer live with you in your shame, fear and guilt. God knows I have tried to embrace you, tried to kill you and all things in between ... nothing seems to be good enough for you unless it comes with a serving of self loathing, hate and anger ... and now as you wait to die I say ... hurry up & go I don't need you anymore !!!

I reclaim what is mine

you dished out the love and hate in equal measures, for my 15th birthday you gave me the gift of your talent, the tattoo across my ass 'this ass is mine'. And it truly was, it was a masterful trick and the ultimate mind fuck.
You and your 'gift' have kept me in a state of shame and guilt for 28 yrs. But today brother I say to you - you can KISS MY ASS !!! I refuse to live with it, I will not let you inflict any more pain on me by doing that. I wish you were still here so I could tell you that it aint your ass any more, that you can have back the shame and guilt because for once I am claiming back what is mine ... !!!

I rejoice in my victories

I know I can do this, we are doing this. We are celebrating the victories, mourning the losses, keeping whats good, discarding whats not. We are keeping our eye on the goals we've set, because I have to keep moving forward. I have learnt so much already ... to see not just with my eyes but with my heart and mind too. That being me is OK (thanks bro) and to be open & honest with what I am feeling.

... for the first time, I feel I am living in pride instead of shame ... Today I am stronger than yesterday, but I know tomorrow I might need a hand and that is why I am here ...

HAPPY MARDI GRAS !!!! ...

(God I wish I was there this weekend !!!)

#208051 - 02/29/08 11:26 AM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: arronb]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Arron;

You go, boy! Good for you! That was an amazing post! I am so happy for you, and you have brightened my day. Those are words to live by.

Happy Mardi Gras to you too!

Laz

#208079 - 02/29/08 02:44 PM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: Lazarus]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Laz ...

It's a been a great day for me already, but your words make it even better.

Thank you \:\)

#208121 - 02/29/08 07:36 PM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: arronb]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sounds like it! We just got past Mardi Gras here in New Orleans, I'd love to see it in Sydney! So does Perth celebrate Mardi Gras? Probably like Baton Rouge, which is actuall where I live. There are celebrations, but nothing like New Orleans.

The only place I've every celebrated Mardi Gras other than S. Louisiana was in Toronto, where I was the guest of a very nice man. It was a LOT of fun. I'd love to see it in Sydney, or Rio, or... everywhere!

You put your location as W. Australia. Are you near Perth? If not, where? I've seen detailed Google Earth pics of all the coast of Aus... looking for a safe harbor. Great sailing in W. Aus.!!!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Ric

#208169 - 03/01/08 12:05 AM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: Lazarus]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Laz

Over here in the wild West we like to do things different, so we totally ignore Mardi Gras (everyones in Sydney anyway LOL)
We have our Pride Parade in October. It's no where near matching Sydney for razzle/dazzle but that's no excuse not to have a party right \:\)

I live about 1 hr down the coast from Perth, once upon a time we where nothing but a holiday hamlet ... now with urban sprawl we're virtually a part of the suburbs ... still I am not complaining - life on the beach has it's benefits LOL

Edited by arronb (03/01/08 12:13 AM)

#208307 - 03/01/08 06:13 PM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: arronb]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Arron,

I just saw a news broadcast on CNN about the parade in Sidney.

Wow, it looked like a lot of fun. Wish I had been there, but the best part of the news, the gay members of the military marched under an officially sanctioned government flag. They said it was a first for them. I love the fact your government accepts and allows openly gay members to serve.

I may have to move to Australia, where was that place "Hope Springs Eternal"? It sounds like a much more progressive UTOPIA. Any room for a new Queen there?

Party on and enjoy your countries freedom.

Luv ya,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#208311 - 03/01/08 06:45 PM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: Scoutvictim]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Carl ...

The old Queen is getting a bit long in the tooth ...

There's always room for one that's more fabulous \:\)

Finally we have a government that realizes that 1950's attitudes belong in the 1950's ... another landmark step.
There's a movement over here called 58 in '08 ... the goal is to have the 58 federal laws that discriminate against GLBT community removed from the statutes ... it's been a long time coming.

Link to Mardi Gras Pics

Video Highlights of Mardi Gras

Edited by arronb (03/01/08 07:48 PM)

#208404 - 03/02/08 09:22 AM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: arronb]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yeah, life's a beach... Some fantastic sailing over there! You guys are in the middle of autumn, and it's springtime here.

Looking at Google, I can see quite a few inland lakes and bays, like the one in Perth. How's the terrain there? Is it flat and swampy, or rugged and arid? When I flew to mexico, I saw a lot of polluted lakes and shoreline. How's the ecology there?

If I may I ask another question, I've noticed that the entire south coast from Albany to South Australia is high, rocky cliffs with a few sandy coves. It appears the entire land mass is a huge plateau right to the ocean. Can you tell me about how high those cliffs are, on average? From space it looks very dramatic.

Would love to come visit Australia someday... but you're so damned far! LOL About as far away as you can get and still be on the same planet... Now, once I build my sailboat, I'll be down there every couple of years... would even consider an additional residence there.

Have a great day, mate!

Lazarus

#208412 - 03/02/08 10:24 AM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: Lazarus]
arronb Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Laz

The Great Australian Bight

On the Border WA/SA

The cliffs run from about 200 miles this side of WA to Ceduna in SA ... they're about 200 ft high ... and bloody scary \:\) When driving over the Nullabor, near the WA/SA border, there are a number of points where you are just a mile or so from the edge, you can drive right up to the edge, I've never gotten close to the edge but it's still pretty spectacular from where I was standing (at the backside of the carpark area LOL) Vertigo is a bitch LOL Albany to Madura (near the WA/SA border) not sure what the coast line is like but I'd say its pretty normal coastline.

Most of the inland lakes are dry, only filling up during the wet, most aren't anymore than a few feet deep. Melville waters in Perth where the 2 rivers meet, lots of people sail there and up/down the river but mainly I think ocean sailing is the go here. I think up north Lake Kunnunura is the main inland sailing area but I haven't ventured far outside of the city limits, I like my space but the outback is far too much space for my liking LOL

Perth is pretty much build on flat bushland. We are bound by the Darling Ranges which are about 30 miles in from the coast, so the city pretty much expands up/down the coast. As with any city Perth has problems with pollution but outside of that whats left is pretty much pristine.

Perth is the pretty much as I am fond of saying ... a million miles away from anywhere you'd want to be, perfect isolation. LOL
But I hope you do get to come visit one day, you'll love it and we're especially fond of Americans \:\)

Edited by arronb (03/02/08 01:59 PM)

#208417 - 03/02/08 10:35 AM Re: Happy Mardi Gras - Sydney Style [Re: Lazarus]
MagRaith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
Arron -

I woke up this morning feeling a little depressed and overwhelmed. I opened your post first thing and all mardi-gras talk aside, I just want to thank you for sharing your "proclaim, reclaim, rejoice". It gave me some hope today.

Kurt

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.