Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
8 registered (pattom, aniceguy, cant_remember, 4 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63370 Topics
443128 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#207704 - 02/27/08 07:31 AM Dream....
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Well, I had the worst/weirdest dream last night. \:\( Just woke up from it, in fact....

I was at my sister's house, waiting there for her, when my brother-in-law came home and was sorting around some things. He didn't look too happy. So I ask what was wrong and he says nothing, but leads me downstairs, through this hall, to this gymnasium (?). On the way down the stairs I realize what he's sad about and start uncontrollably bawling my eyes out, my nose running all over my face (ew... lol). We get to the gym and I slowly start to see a coffin with flowers on it on one of those lifty things they sit on. I start crying even more hard.

In the stands are what looks like a crowd of spectators. They're all looking down towards the gym floor to what I think is a group of people all dancing in slow motion in a circle. They're saying something like "we're all happy, we're all happy" over and over -- and for some reasons holding instruments. Sort of like a Marti Gras parade. Then I see my sister sitting in the midst of that crowd, but I know it's not her, but a ghost or something, and she's looking at me in what I think is an angry expression, eyes all squinty, moving her head back and forth in a "no" fashion.

Then I woke up....sigh...

My sister is pretty much my best friend, and to dream about her dying was so difficult, let alone her ghost being mad at me for something. I remember the instant I woke up I was relieved it was just a dream. It felt so real. Sigh....

Thanks for listening. Had to write that one down.

#207708 - 02/27/08 07:36 AM Re: Dream.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh, forgot to mention, for some reason my nephews weren't there...it didn't even feel like they had kids even. Hm...*shrug*

#207870 - 02/28/08 12:33 AM Re: Dream.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Andy,
This is just me and just my opinion but I think this is your sub concious fear of doing something (and you know what) that would make you lose your "best friend". That is a real fear of yours and for some reason it is getting worse. The fear that is. What do you think. You can PM me.

#207978 - 02/28/08 10:08 PM Re: Dream.... [Re: Freedom49]
KeithR Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Georgia
I'm sorry about the dream Andy. I've only had a few dreams where someone I loved died, and I was so extremely saddened and afraid.

I do agree with Roger. I think the dream is based in fear. In the dream your sister is away from you and your Brother in Law, but you don't know if she's away from the kids. In the dream, you seem to know something is wrong, before you see it with your eyes. If fact, you actually never see it. You just know something is wrong.

Maybe this will give you some hint as to what the dream is about.

Keith

#207997 - 02/29/08 12:16 AM Re: Dream.... [Re: KeithR]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Dreams are like this. They often make little sense when we try to articulate them into words, BUT, what we're FEELING is not hard to convey at all. What were you FEELING through most of this dream Andy?

#208084 - 02/29/08 03:37 PM Re: Dream.... [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

I think I was feeling upset to the point of panic. I was feeling uncontrollable sadness and fear. I was feeling hopeless and all of a sudden alone.

Then I woke up and felt relieved it was just a dream.

I'm almost positive that the dream had something to do with the changing relationship my sister and I have. For a while there, I didn't have an friends offline, and was alone pretty much all of my time outside of work. I guess I grew dependent on her and our relationship to have some kind of connection in this world. Then she moved about an hour away from my place and that put a lot of stress on me. Then I became car-less, which made it even more difficult and stressful. But lately I've been wondering if it's really a blessing in disguise.

I've really had to learn to live on my own, away from her. I've had to learn to be social on my own and make my own friends offline. I've been doing well in that, I think, albeit still slow.

Maybe the dream was sort of a way of telling myself that I'm accepting the "death" of the relationship as it was in the past, but her still being visible as a ghost indicates that at least I know she's still there in some form, and I can see her -- just not as often.

I'm still mourning the change, but I'm feeling better about it every day. \:\)

Thanks everyone for the replies. \:\)

#208090 - 02/29/08 03:51 PM Re: Dream.... [Re: AndyJB2005]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Andy,

Dreams are funny beasts. I have had some really super-weird ones from time to time, and on occasion they can be very upsetting. As others say, they often tend to show how our mind is working on something that's bothering us anyway.

I'm glad you are feeling better about this one. As usual, when we're feeling rotten or messed up it's always best to get it out and talk about it.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.