Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (Xr2, pattom, aniceguy, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63588 Topics
444232 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#207325 - 02/25/08 02:39 PM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: Freedom49]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Good point Roger. I think the real ones do spend more time doing than talking, so yeah, doing doesn't leave allot of time for politics and agenda's. And the "press" idea is true too. What is more likely to get on the news, some fellow screaming bigotry and hatred or some guy helping at the local soup kitchen.

That's the thing about freedom isn't it, it's a two-edged sword. People are just as free to hate as they are to love. Why is it that hate gets more attention than love though???

#207340 - 02/25/08 03:06 PM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. *DELETED* [Re: JustScott]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Post deleted by mogigo

#207341 - 02/25/08 03:10 PM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: mogigo]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Your right Mike. I should post more. Thanks for that. Your a good man.

#207437 - 02/25/08 10:51 PM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: mogigo]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: mogigo
To me as an Atheist, real Christians epitimize what a person should aspire to, but you let a minority of people that I think are a blight on Christianity speak for you.

Who said we let them, Mike? Seems to me they've set themselves up as supposed spokesmen. Christ called them painted tombs that covered up corruption.

I know those are pretty strong words to some, and I've no intention of getting bogged down in a protracted discussion on the subject with anyone here, but it's the way I look at it. Christ spent his time here on earth associating with those who were despised and reviled by the religious elite of his day. Take a look around at those who are reviled by the religious elite of today and you've got the people he would spend his time with now.

#207447 - 02/25/08 11:04 PM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: WalkingSouth]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
John, at the moment I have no words for a lengthy answer of depth. Let me just say that what you said makes sense to me.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#207450 - 02/25/08 11:27 PM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: FormerTexan]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Quote:
Of course I know that this isn't the majority, do you really think I'm that stupid? but all I hear is this minority. You good, wonderful, needed, amazing Christians have lost you're voice. I don't know why you have lost you're voice, why?

hmph

Mike

#207488 - 02/26/08 07:51 AM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: mogigo]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I hear ya Mike. I get tunnel vision sometimes too and only focus on one part of a post. It Happens. I hit something, my mind goes into overdrive and I miss something important in a post. It's human I thing.

Like I mentioned earlier, I try to voice what I think, against that minority, but it seems that I'm either stuck inside a sound proof room, or the other people brought along bigger bullhorns. It sucks for sure. If I ever find a way to get louder and actually be heard over those "white washed tombs" believe you me I'll be there in a heartbeat and be there yelling as loud as I can.

#207610 - 02/26/08 08:22 PM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: JustScott]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: JustScott
If I ever find a way to get louder and actually be heard over those "white washed tombs" believe you me I'll be there in a heartbeat and be there yelling as loud as I can.

That's the crux of the matter Scott. I've said these things throughout my adult life, but it doesn't get heard over the folks with the bigger bullhorn. I find myself yelling to no one it seems "Listen to yourself! Do you hear what you're saying? This is SO wrong!" but of course no one seems to hear except those who feel the same way I do. I guess that's typical.

#207653 - 02/27/08 12:09 AM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: WalkingSouth]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Actions speak louder than words. \:\) If a big enough group say like, for example, starts going to MCC churches, and vacates the minority's churches, maybe they'll change the tune or better yet go out of business? I don't know. lol Make a picket sign! Woo! \:\)

http://www.mccchurch.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home

#207666 - 02/27/08 12:45 AM Re: Comments on Posting Guidelines. [Re: WalkingSouth]
jcf1957 Offline

Loc: North Of The 49th Parallel
I too am not a person who likes to get into a long winded protracted discussion on religion or even politics for that matter. Face to face discussions of this nature are more simpler because you have a better opportunity to read someone's disposition or body language; thus, prudently knowing when to drop the subject. Despite my own familiarity and adherence to my own religious doctrines; I always respect the next person's opinions about their own religious aspirations or lack thereof even if they are negative.

Edited by jcf1957 (02/27/08 12:46 AM)

Today well lived...makes every tomorrow a vision of Hope.
Anonymous

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.