Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (CheerfulJohn, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446697 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#207374 - 02/25/08 06:59 PM Still around
violet Offline

Loc: US
Yeah, I'm still around. I've just been busy. On some levels, things with my husband are so improved. It's been rough for his family though, not speaking to the abuser anymore after his family was told. And some extended family members who were told of the abuse feel in the middle.

I still can't help feeling sorry for the abuser and my SIL thinks I am nuts for thinking this. It's not that I want to invite him over, but we are fairly certain that he was a victim of abuse himself. I just hope he gets over his denial and finds help for himself. I wonder if he told his wife the true reason why all of his family here no longer speaks to him.

Still no therapy for spouse, but at least he reads about it. At this point, I think that's as good as it's gonna get. He has taken a lot of what he's read to heart and I can see a real marked difference in not only his behavior but his self-esteem.

Hope healing and peace to each of you,
Violet

#207378 - 02/25/08 07:07 PM Re: Still around [Re: violet]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
It's nice to hear from you V. Yeah, I can only imagine that the situation with family must be terribly difficult. All you can do it take care of your own for the moment. If it branches out, ok, deal then, but for now, keep on keeping things close.

I'm glad things are going well for you and your husband. Don't worry about the therapy. Your husband will do it when and if he feels the need. The fact that he's open to learning and sharing with you is enough for now.

ROCK ON........Trish

#207424 - 02/25/08 09:40 PM Re: Still around [Re: violet]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for checking in Violet. You're feelings of compassion do not go misplaced. It is a pathetic and sad situation and a little compassion to go hand in hand with justice is the better course in my opinion.

I wish you and he every courage as you continue with the difficulties you face.

Lots of love,

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.