Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447974 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#216739 - 04/09/08 03:22 AM Re: T shirt idea [Re: Freedom49]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
I really want one now....

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#216740 - 04/09/08 03:32 AM Re: T shirt idea [Re: Freedom49]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I would wear the logo shirt, if someone asks I could tell them what I want to disclose or not disclose. Not everyone is receptive to the message. Plus if it had anything else on it I would not be able to wear it to work. Since I spend 40 hrs a week there I would like to be able to wear it while working. I do have a support network at work. A 20oz travel mug would be nice, and Mouse pads, bumper stickers. I believe these would all generate a fair revenue stream to help with WOR funding.

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#216793 - 04/09/08 11:11 AM Re: T shirt idea [Re: GateKPR4]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Ok, so how do we move on this? What do we gotta do to get it going?????

Who do we talk to! I want to see this ball rolling and would love it if it was actually a big old snowball that got bigger and bigger and bigger!

#216800 - 04/09/08 12:25 PM Re: T shirt idea [Re: JustScott]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Guess we need to talk to the BoD about this one. I like the idea of the travel mugs.

#216814 - 04/09/08 01:11 PM Re: T shirt idea [Re: Freedom49]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Hey, cool! ! ! Someones interested. LOL

As I've been thinking about this, I'm imagining a good bit of practice handling people. I think if someone quickly asked me,

"So what happened to you? "

I just wouldn't talk about myself much, but try to educate and ask them about their own attitudes and interest. My goal isn't to be all vulnerable with strangers after all. I want them to talk about it from their perspective. Everyone knows a survivor after all.

I'm sure you'd get unfriendly comments too which you'd have to learn to deal with. But I think that would be strengthening in done right.

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#217004 - 04/10/08 03:01 AM Re: T shirt idea [Re: LandOfShadow]
USFbull Offline

Loc: Florida
I want one! C'mon board of directors!

These tears are shaken from
the wrath-bearing tree.
~T.S. Eliot~

#217124 - 04/10/08 06:22 PM Re: T shirt idea [Re: USFbull]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
i think pens are a good idea, you get pens for lots of things like this, i would quite like a pen, people are not usually too suspicious about pens, they accept that people pick up pens with stuff on everywhere, and if somebody asks you, you can educate them, could bring people into the fold, and then if somebody asked and you wanted to tell that person, it would be somewhere to start

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#217137 - 04/10/08 07:27 PM Re: T shirt idea [Re: GateKPR4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ricky,

Originally Posted By: GateKPR4
I would wear the logo shirt, if someone asks I could tell them what I want to disclose or not disclose. Not everyone is receptive to the message. Plus if it had anything else on it I would not be able to wear it to work. Since I spend 40 hrs a week there I would like to be able to wear it while working. I do have a support network at work. A 20oz travel mug would be nice, and Mouse pads, bumper stickers. I believe these would all generate a fair revenue stream to help with WOR funding.

You mean the logo of the three boys' heads? That would be great on a T-shirt! And as you say, the guy wearing the shirt could decide what he discloses and to whom.

We have indeed had T-shirts in the past. I have one from a 2003 conference; it was sent to me when I became a member in 2005, though I had not been to the conference.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#217139 - 04/10/08 07:33 PM Re: T shirt idea [Re: roadrunner]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Quote:
You mean the logo of the three boys' heads?

Yes thats the one \:\)

__m_ô¿ô_m__
|| || || || || || |

#217151 - 04/10/08 07:56 PM Re: T shirt idea [Re: GateKPR4]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
i would wear that logo, i do really like that logo, i took it the other day and put it into paint and tried to think how i could change it, to make it better, but i found that it was just right as it was
i think people would understand the essence of that logo in many different ways depending on their outlook, its a good idea

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.