Newest Members
MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two, VASurvivor
12331 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (Scott1962, Tiger1982, VASurvivor, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12331 Members
74 Forums
63410 Topics
443337 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#207563 - 02/26/08 03:14 PM Re: Social Anxiety [Re: OKIE MIKE]
conchshell Offline
New Here

Loc: Southern California
I also get a lot of social anxiety. If I didn't have a job I could do from home I probably would be in serious trouble trying to support myself.

#207617 - 02/26/08 08:45 PM Re: Social Anxiety [Re: conchshell]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Jason,

I haven't had exactly the same problem, but I did go through a stage when I worried a lot about what other people were thinking, what they knew about me, and what their intentions against me might be. When I went for an assessment at our local mental health services clinic, I even wondered if they had installed two doors so as to confuse me if I needed to escape.

In my case the problem came down to PTSD, and once I was on a good regime of medication things got a lot better. I wonder if your problem might be something similar.

But even if not, what you say makes a lot of sense for a survivor. So many times a survivor is hyper-vigilant and who can blame him, taking past events into account?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#207621 - 02/26/08 08:53 PM Re: Social Anxiety [Re: endlessjourney]
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks Jason for sharing your information on tapping. Unfortunately it seems like I have no motivation to do much of anything at all, when I do start something, it lasts all of 2 weeks if I'm lucky.

I'm very aware of Social Anxiety Disorder, I spent 3 months of my life attending weekly sessions at the social anxiety program at Temple University in Philadelphia. It didn't work for me but then again I never got around to doing the homework they provided. I never seem to do anything for a long time, I wasted $8000 of my inhertaince (which BTW is all gone), attending a 3 week intensive treatment program for my stuttering down in Roanoke, VA. I was doing well my mom commented on the phone and then when I got home I just stopped trying. I've added the tapping website to my favorites list so that maybe in the future I might come back to it.

Quick fact, do you know who else has S.A.D.? Donny Osmond of Donny and Marie fame.

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.