Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441743 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#206786 - 02/22/08 05:31 PM Venting
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
I have been ticked off all day, it seems like everything is bothering me, I feel stressed and on the edge. I was actually thinking of checking myself in the nut house for a week. Then figured I can deal with this. I really think its the fact that it will cost 8K to get my teeth fixed. and I will soon need a car since my car has 115K on it. It needs head gasket, cam, and a transmission overhaul. my yard is a mess an looks like the city dump and now its partly flooded. Feel like the world is closing in around me. Starting to second guess myself and my abilities. and basically feel like crap!

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#206789 - 02/22/08 06:08 PM Re: Venting [Re: GateKPR4]
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
Buddy, we all have days (or weeks) like that, survivor or not. You DO seem to have some issues that you're dealing with, so it's not like you're depressed for no reason.

Sorry you feel like crap. Take things one at a time so they don't overwhelm you. In the meantime, do something nice for yourself, something you like. Have a little fun and maybe you'll feel better. Then you can start working on your difficulties with a fresh, optimistic attitude.

No, go clean up that yard!

Lov ya,

Laz

#206820 - 02/22/08 08:55 PM Re: Venting [Re: Lazarus]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Lazarus,
I actually went and started doing that. I do feel better and I know it will be nice tomorrow so I can get a good portion done. \:\)

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#206895 - 02/23/08 04:28 AM Re: Venting [Re: GateKPR4]
frost Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eh?
Rick,

Sometimes when there are so many things that feel as though they are 'closing in' around me, I tell myself, "Something's Gotta Give". Lazarus has great advice to take one thing at a time because often just getting ONE thing off your plate will then give you the strength you need to take on the next thing.

If I may also say; you can doubt yourself and your abilities all you like, but you won't convince me to do the same. I believe in ya Rick. You will get through this. You have a strong strength in character.

All the best,
~Brian

#206903 - 02/23/08 06:27 AM Re: Venting [Re: frost]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Rick,

In the close to six months that I have been on this site, I have seen how you have blossomed and grown. You have come a long way brother and should be very proud of all that you accomplished.

The other guys are right, we all have bad times/moments. We can't let it get us down. Hang in there and get your mind on other things, it will get better for you soon. Once you have finished cleaning your yard, I invite you to come clean mine. Or at least motivate me to clean mine! \:\)

Have fun....

Dan

#206904 - 02/23/08 06:35 AM Re: Venting [Re: DanM]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Ricky,

I am basically glad that you have much things to do, and I am sorry that it is too much now.

I think it is better when you have developed your life to the point of having to take care of many different parts of it.

Take care. I hope you will soon feel enthuziastic about a to do list.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#206907 - 02/23/08 07:40 AM Re: Venting [Re: alexey]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better after a good night sleep, its raining out so the yard will have to wait.

Breaking news...........lol
The forecast for rain was wrong \:\) so I will be out in the yard taking care of things there. I'm sure the sunshine will uplift my spirits.

Alexey you are right.
It was not that long ago I had nothing to take care of except myself & a car. Guess I need to learn what its like to be a home owner. Its a big change from renting a place. I'll take all of your advise and take one project at a time, the most pressing first.

Edited by GateKPR4 (02/23/08 09:06 AM)
__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#206921 - 02/23/08 09:23 AM Re: Venting [Re: GateKPR4]
mike5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Getting out in the sunshine and air helps me tremendously. Another thing that I have to remind myself of is that it is ok to feel bad. We're dealing with some seriously hard-to-process stuff here. I have this idea that I've got to contain it and feel ok about it. That seems to be a wrong idea though - I feel much better when I tell myself it is ok to feel angry and frustrated and whatever. Recovery seems to be full of that sort of paradox!

Mike

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.