Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206250 - 02/19/08 10:01 PM Brother
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
I have four older brothers and an older sister. three of my brothers and my sister have the same dad but different moms and then my other brother shares the same mother with me but we have different fathers.

Anyways my brother Brian whom i share the same mom with has never gotten along with me. He is six years older than me and for as long as i can remember he has always picked on me. I remember growing up with him be afraid of him and angry at him. He used to hit me scream at me call me names.

when he turned 18 he moved out of the house since then our relationship has not improved but i have not had to deal with him.

Anyways sine then he has flopped around job to job relationship to relationship treating every one in his life the same way he has treated me.

So about a year ago out of friends and family to mooch off of he decided on a whim to move to Mexico. He went down there and has been there ever since.

He called today though and is preparing to come back home. He got a girl pregnant and wants her to have the child in the States. So he is going to come up here and then fly her up in a few months.

Ok so here is my problem he is going to stay at our house when he comes back to oregon. My mom told him he could stay without talking to me or my dad about it. I am so angry right now. Also she is going to pay for him to come back up here. I am sick of it. while in therapy each week i kept hearing from my mom that it was expensive and how they didnt like paying for it but then every month she sends money to him and is now paying for his bus and air fare back to Portland.

when he gets here i don't know what i am going to do i think i will go stay with my sister or at a friends house because there is no way i will stay in a house with him.

anyways thats my rant

,Christopher

#206255 - 02/19/08 10:15 PM Re: Brother [Re: theatrekid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Will you be going to a community college? Or, were you planning to be moving out after this next summer to go to college? It's pretty lame that your brother is (presumably) going to mooch not only off your parents, but off the Government Welfare system too. He's not being very smart, having (presumably) unprotected sex and fathering children that he can't afford. I'm sure that he knows that his child will automatically become a U.S. Citizen as long as he's born north of the Rio Grand, and that he's going to be entitled to all sorts of free goodies. I guess I don't BLAME him for taking advantage of the system, but, then again, I never would have put myself in his position.

#206267 - 02/19/08 11:00 PM Re: Brother [Re: Hauser]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh boy, I could get political here. I am not a fan of the policy of Jus Soli; I definitely think it is something this country needs to review. But I am not going to say anything without knowing the situation. Of course, not sure that this is even a case of citizenship through Jus Soli, as one of the parents is an American citizen (and I really don't know about the other). So I'll get off my soapbox. Christopher, you need to be able to take care of your emotional needs, and not get caught up in someone else's drama. So take care to take care of yourself here.

#206273 - 02/19/08 11:35 PM Re: Brother [Re: ericc]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have calmed down now a little bit... first off houser my brother won't be living off the governemtns welfare and if he needed it it would be well with in his rights to do so.

secondly i have thought about it and when my brother gets here i will go stay with my sister until he leaves he wont be here for a long time i will be okay i will take care of my self and not be bullied by him.

thanks, Christopher

#206276 - 02/19/08 11:38 PM Re: Brother [Re: theatrekid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I have an older half-sister, we don't care for each other very much either. I can relate to "pretending" that you care/like a certain family member. I never disclosed to her though, perhaps I should. Does your entire family know what happened to you?

#206278 - 02/19/08 11:39 PM Re: Brother [Re: ericc]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have calmed down now a little bit... first off houser my brother won't be living off the governemtns welfare and if he needed it it would be well with in his rights to do so.

secondly i have thought about it and when my brother gets here i will go stay with my sister until he leaves he wont be here for a long time i will be okay i will take care of my self and not be bullied by him.

thanks, Christopher

#206279 - 02/19/08 11:40 PM Re: Brother [Re: theatrekid]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

my siblings all know it happened but they don't know i remember it happening.

#206281 - 02/19/08 11:42 PM Re: Brother [Re: theatrekid]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

i love my brother though alan i just can't stand putting my self through what it takes to live with him.

#206287 - 02/19/08 11:51 PM Re: Brother [Re: theatrekid]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Christopher,

I really like your attitude to this: you're putting yourself and your own emotional welfare first. Bravo! Why shouldn't you? You aren't being vindictive; you are just saying, "This doesn't work for me."

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#206292 - 02/20/08 12:12 AM Re: Brother [Re: roadrunner]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Christopher,
I agree with Larry. Don't put yourself in a place where you will be bullied. Take care of yourself first and be safe. It is hard to love someone that treats you that way. Maybe he will grow up some day and realize what a great person you are. Always hope but always be cautious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.