Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#205922 - 02/18/08 06:37 PM Re: Scategories [Re: Freedom49]
dannym Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Boulder, Colorado
Man! As a recovering Catholic, current atheist, former public school educator, sexual abuse survivor (my perp WANTED to be a jock, but he sucked at sports!) and fellow North American - I gotta chime in!

I get the point that it does come down to the perp - and he/she will act regardless of an affiliation with an institution, but I gotta say I agree with Mike that there is a big problem with institutions protecting their own - with no system of accountability - our society has a problem with entitlement that spans all groups... religious, governmental, medical, social - any organization that puts its interests before basic human rights should be held accountable.... how? No clue - but I know public exposure in a NON SENSATIONAL arena (ie: NOT Fox/CNN) will raise awareness - knowledge is power and its a start.

Just my 2 cents.

Dan

Marge Simpson

#205925 - 02/18/08 06:51 PM Re: Scategories [Re: dannym]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I agree with you Dan. 100%

#205928 - 02/18/08 07:03 PM Re: Scategories [Re: dannym]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
Dan
yes
entitlement
hyooj loaded issue down to the personal level too besides organisations

thanks fer yer 2 cents

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.