Newest Members
Mike Boyd, Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger
12133 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
6 registered (motmcd, Jwmcd2, 4 invisible), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12133 Members
73 Forums
62563 Topics
438359 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#204939 - 02/13/08 12:36 AM Do I Dwell On It?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do I dwell on things that have happened in the past? Leaving the door cracked,but not closing it all the way?

#205124 - 02/14/08 01:56 AM Re: Do I Dwell On It? [Re: Anonymous]
froggy12 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Marlboro, MA 01752
Dear Anon,

The things from past stay fetid unless you open the door to let in some fresh air and let the stink out. You will see in these forums that there are various ways to deal with the evils of the past so that you do not have to dwell alone but can share with others who know the pain and the ultimate freedom that awaits. You have only to open the door...

froggy

#205650 - 02/17/08 08:42 AM Re: Do I Dwell On It? [Re: froggy12]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Anon,

In fact, our healing path includes looking back. Not just leaving the door open a crack, but opening it wide and embracing the truth of how we felt then and how we feel now. Those feelings are there, whether we want to acknowledge them or not. Is there any other place to start?

So dwelling on it is something we need to do, up to a point. Sooner or later we see that staying in the past isn't helping us any longer; then it's time to leave. But for a time, yes, we have to go back and face the truth. Or at least, that was my experience.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.