Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, GT13568, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63221 Topics
442075 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#205034 - 02/13/08 07:30 PM i think after trauma - we discover normal again...
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pasadena, CA
this past year - i had a break down

but it was perhaps a long time in coming -

i had had achieved my sense of how to cope with life before that
but it all came tumbling down.

i think whether it is healing purely from sexual abuse - or csa - there may be any number
of causes that may make it more complex - (it was a bipolar breakdown for me on top of 'healing')

but in the end - i think we are like - corks or buoys (spelling?)
trying to right ourselves in the water -

to find a normal again that works - to take care of ourselves -
to let wounds heal - but also - to deal daily- with essentials and 'non essentials'

this place has given me a community but it's also given me room to contemplate honestly my own weaknesses - successes and failures

i came to think that - in essence - the goal is to relearn how to be happy in our day to day - and part of that happiness is derived from taking care of ourselves. which prior to trauma was something we had. even prior to illness.

so - i hope in wellness you will find that joy to just taking care of yourself - again. day to day -

there is a joy just to that. I think it's good to remember that goal and that potential for happiness no matter how the world can seem.

Edited by markgreyblue (02/13/08 07:31 PM)

"...the sign of a true leader is service..." - anonymous

#205054 - 02/13/08 08:46 PM Re: i think after trauma - we discover normal agai [Re: markgreyblue]
Trish4850 Offline
BoD Liaison Emeritus
MaleSurvivor<

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
to find a normal again that works

That exactly it Mark. normal is a relative term. What fits you is normal.

Keep taking care my friend.

ROCK ON.........Trish

#205058 - 02/13/08 08:53 PM Re: i think after trauma - we discover normal agai [Re: Trish4850]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Mark I am sorry to hear that this was such a tough year for you. It sounds like it is getting better. Hang in there guy. I see no path only trial and error still for me so far and I am continuing to bob around for that upright 'normal' position. As I get older and the contents continue to settle, my ballast improves considerably.

#205062 - 02/13/08 09:08 PM Re: i think after trauma - we discover normal agai [Re: Freedom49]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks Trish
&
thanks Roger - actually things are to the point where I am begining to laugh at myself - and that's a fairly good sign I think. Talk to you later.

Edited by markgreyblue (02/13/08 09:08 PM)

#205126 - 02/14/08 07:17 AM Re: i think after trauma - we discover normal agai [Re: markgreyblue]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

MARK--------------so glad that you found support in this path-------------------------theres only one way to go-----------------foreward-----------to better ourselves-----------------------i had to hit the bottom-----------------and wollow there for a while-before i chose to live--------and begin the battle back up the hill----------------------my best to you mark_______________steve

#205201 - 02/14/08 06:29 PM Re: i think after trauma - we discover normal agai [Re: sabata]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks Steve.

#205266 - 02/15/08 04:44 AM Re: i think after trauma - we discover normal agai [Re: markgreyblue]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted By: markgreyblue

i came to think that - in essence - the goal is to relearn how to be happy in our day to day - and part of that happiness is derived from taking care of ourselves. which prior to trauma was something we had. even prior to illness.

so - i hope in wellness you will find that joy to just taking care of yourself - again. day to day -

there is a joy just to that. I think it's good to remember that goal and that potential for happiness no matter how the world can seem.

Thanks for this post Mark, I just started to take care of myself so it's a new experience , its a work in progress. As with all things not normal to me there is a learning curve and trying to make healthy habits normal had always been a challenge. Hopefully in a few months I can say I have made progress in this area of my life.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

#205387 - 02/15/08 09:50 PM Re: i think after trauma - we discover normal agai [Re: GateKPR4]
markgreyblue Offline
MaleSurvivor

thanks for your response.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.