Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444538 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#205108 - 02/14/08 12:15 AM Re: Where would you be today? [Re: mogigo]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Life dealt us the worst of hands. However, we've taken what little we have and built ourselves an empire. I would rather it be that way than to be born in a pampered world shielded from all pain. That would leave us confined and dependant on the very people that pampered us in the first place even through adulthood. Yes, we could have been protected from CSA but we weren't. We know about pain and suffering. We have learned to survive. My experiences with CSA were absolutely God Aweful, but those experiences were MY experiences no matter how painful and I would not trade them for the world.

I'm sure it sounds insane not to want a life without CSA. I have tackled these issues head on. Pain will come, but knowing that I AM RIGHT WHERE I NEED TO BE is the most important thing. I am a survivor and I'm damn proud of that. Maybe we could have been a CEO or a Rockstar. Maybe we could have been an Olympic Athlete or the President. All I know is that we are who we are and are exactly who we're supposed to be. We may be hurt or mislead. However, determination and hope will help light our way through this dark world. Eventually, that light will get so big, that one day, you'll look around, and notice, the world isn't dark anymore. It's actually very beautiful and so are you.

Edited by endlessjourney (02/14/08 12:22 AM)
Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

#205191 - 02/14/08 05:13 PM Re: Where would you be today? [Re: endlessjourney]
John Oarc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
My brother talked to me about this topic and he said and I quote; "You may win the rat race but your still a rat." To me, we are all living on this planet and some attain better positions in society, monetary gain and so forth but in the end the only thing that really counts is the fact that you did your very best and for me, when I stand in front of my maker I want him to be proud of what I did with what he gave me. We are blessed and I know that may not seem right to some but the burdens we endoured have made us stronger individuals and I am better for it, I know it.

I don't want to be a rat, I don't want to get caught up in the rat race.

#205226 - 02/14/08 09:46 PM Re: Where would you be today? [Re: John Oarc]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Your life is what you make it. You are who you perceive yourself to be. You may do things that are wrong that you may not even be conscious of at the moment. That's the joy of being human. Imperfection is a blessing. Not a fault.

The rat race is another man's perception. Thus, his perception is his reality, not yours. Before your time comes to stand before God, do you think you can stand before yourself and say the same thing?

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

#205231 - 02/14/08 10:17 PM Re: Where would you be today? [Re: endlessjourney]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i guess i don't understand the reason for the question.
does it matter where i might be IF?
fact is - things happened
i am where i am
wondering where i might be if things had been different can only serve to depress me more.

m

#205309 - 02/15/08 11:53 AM Re: Where would you be today? [Re: MarkK]
conchshell Offline
New Here

Loc: Southern California
I am pretty sure I know exactly where I would be if the CSA hadn't happened. I don't long for it though. It would be far more formulaic than my life today.

#205327 - 02/15/08 02:34 PM Re: Where would you be today? [Re: conchshell]
MDR Offline

Can't really say where I would be. However, if I didn't sabotage my passions in life at such an early age, I'd probably be coaching College Baseball, hopefully married, watching my sons play baseball (I know, who knows how they would turn out), living closer to my family and enjoying life.

As it is, coaching college baseball is not an option right now, probably won't be, but the rest will follow.

#205414 - 02/16/08 01:50 AM Re: Where would you be today? [Re: MDR]
skingraph Offline

Well I more than likely be married and have kids,or at least have a girlfriend and kids.Job wise dunno,thats always a toss up.

Right now all i have is material possesions,no friends(they all moved away and got married).Never a relationship with anybody as in sexual,nothing..since it occured to me at 10 years old..

Im 38,good portion of my life is over with,only took me 28 years of my life to realize that.Future wise,its pretty much non exstitent........."Im like a Zombie walking the land of the dead" and where all pretty much dead in the end..

Hopefully that wont bring you down to much,thease articles always make me think too much,and maybe depressed to much like Markk said..!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.