Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (dan_in_newengland, GummyBear, Scott1962, skyguy), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447795 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#205093 - 02/13/08 10:41 PM Just another evening...
Lazarus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Below the radar, USA
I had a great evening tonight and I wanted to share it.

OK, I got home about 4:30 and the twins were already home, Kira napping on the couch, Ian diligently slaying monsters on the computer. Tomorrow is Valentine's and once Kira woke up it became evident it was a significant event. She had bought her beau two gifts; a watch in magnetite and copper, and a silver picture frame. She had a definate picture in mind, on her phone camera.

I did an upgrade on my PC a couple of months ago, and ever since I have had trouble with the Bluetooth. Tonight, I couldn't connect to Kira's phone, and I couldn't even transfer files from My phone... something was seriously wrong with the PC bluetooth.

After dinner, and after two complete re-installs of the bluetooth software, we still couldn't connect. I told Kira that I was sorry, but I wasn't going to be able to print her picture by morning...

She was calm about it at first, but more stressed as the evening wore on. We talked about substituting another picture in the frame she'd bought. Kelly, the kid's Mom, was over for the evening too, and she suggested a particular picture whe remembered; a naked baby pic, with her crawling on the carpet with a big smile and the sunlight shining through her fuzzy hair. Kelly said she could tell her BF that was as close as he'd ever come to seeing her that way again. LOL We all laughed at that.

Problem is, when we looked up that pic, it's not Kira, it's her older brother. Kira says, "I can see it, twenty years from now we'll meet in a bar somewhere and I'll have to tell him that the picture of me that he's fantasized over all these years is not really me, it's my big brother. That'll make him phychotic."

I didn't even know that she knew what phychotic is, but living with me, she might have heard the word mentioned before... But it's true, I can see it.

So Kira and her Mom are off to Wal-Mart to buy a new bluetooth adapter so we can fininsh this project. Plus, Ian remembered that he needed cupcakes for the party tomorrow...

And that's how my evening went. That's how a LOT of them work. God save me from boredome... I don't know what I would do with the time!

I love my family.

Lazarus

#205097 - 02/13/08 11:07 PM Re: Just another evening... [Re: Lazarus]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
You should be happy Laz you have a great life and great family. Lots of friends who really care about you. You really sound like a great dad.

Edited by Freedom49 (02/13/08 11:07 PM)

#205135 - 02/14/08 09:26 AM Re: Just another evening... [Re: Freedom49]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
Feelings reading this: Safe, secure, hopeful.

There's alot going on in that post...and in that home of yours.
There are certain vital factors present for that post to even be written in the first place.

Summation: You are providing them with a great childhood. You are and awsome dad!!!!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.