Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (healinglove, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446699 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#204494 - 02/10/08 04:47 AM The futility of the Divine...
Whicker Offline

Loc: Pastures of Oregon
For as long as mankind has had sentience, the question of the divine has plagued us.
"IF" there IS a divinity, I scoff at it!
All the pain.
All the suffering.
And there is supposed to be an 'All-Caring/All-Loving GOD' figure?

Fuck him/it!

WE are ALONE.

We are born, we live, and we die.

THAT is the reality of our existence.

Anything else is wistful thinking.

I hold no grudge against those who believe in an afterlife. I applaude your efforts, in fact!

But, from where 'I' stand,,,,

We are alone.

I pray that I am wrong.

Does that make me a hypocrite?

So be it.

I bid all of you a very fond farewell, and I pray that the Lord-and-Lady Bless and keep you well.

As-in my 'Homeless' Post, I pray that one day I may return, in victory, and share with you my success.

*Warm Nuzzles*

Whicker

#204530 - 02/10/08 10:40 AM Re: The futility of the Divine... [Re: Whicker]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Like I always say, we'll never know for sure what's out there until we're there. \:\) So I just try to keep a "we'll see" mind frame.

#204616 - 02/10/08 06:18 PM Re: The futility of the Divine... [Re: AndyJB2005]
MemoryVault Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NJ
Quote:
We are born, we live, and we die.

THAT is the reality of our existence.

As a deep non-believer, I agree, but I still think it's pretty amazing, even miraculous, that we do exist for the time we're here.

I'm sorry for the pain you're going through, and I really hope to welcome you back, victorious!!!

#204617 - 02/10/08 06:25 PM Re: The futility of the Divine... [Re: MemoryVault]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I pray you are wrong too Whicker. If your right then lets keep dancing, let's break out the booze and have a ball, if that's all there is.
If it is not....then I am glad I go to church and pray. I am not smart enough to figure all this out with my little brain. Probably why it is called Faith. So I cover my bet and worship God and trust he knows what he is doing as I sure don't.

Welcome back Whicker. Keep posting.

Edited by Freedom49 (02/10/08 06:26 PM)

#204698 - 02/11/08 09:29 AM Re: The futility of the Divine... [Re: Freedom49]
VLinvictus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
There was a time when the prospect of the absense of an afterlife filled me with dread.

Now, I realize that that is nothing more than a limiting attachment to my own existence, a form of egoism. I wouldn't call myself a Buddhist, but I agree that suffering comes from desire and attachments to things which by their very nature are transitory.

Life is transitory. If we live our lives focused on what happens after they're over, we miss out on the beauty of actually living. That's the main reason, I think, why no direct mention of an afterlife appears in the Hebrew Bible and why Judaism is notoriously vague and non-committal on the subject.

The reality of life is indeed that we're born, we live, and we die. But is that not in itself wondrous and awe-inspiring?

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.