Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (atari_kid86), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#203538 - 02/04/08 03:02 PM Senior clerics clash over inquiry!
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
This is one to follow, story.

This link is more comprehensive.

Quote:
including those with legal exemption.
WTF? Is legal exemption.

If he does win his case, then he is complicit with what went on, but I hope the Court sees fit to deny it.
One day it has to come out.

The former Catholic archbishop of Dublin is taking legal action against the inquiry into the handling of complaints of child abuse by clergy.

Cardinal Desmond Connell has said his successor should not have given files to the inquiry.

Archbishop Diarmuid Martin has told the inquiry he would be willing to hand over all diocesan files on abuse claims including those with legal exemption.

His predecessor argues they are covered by client/solicitor confidentiality.

Cardinal Connell says he is the client, not the archdiocese of Dublin.

It is understood the 5,000 files in question relate to both legal advice after allegations were made against priests as well as the insurance implications.

Cardinal Connell initiated High Court proceedings on Thursday

#203767 - 02/05/08 09:00 PM Re: Senior clerics clash over inquiry! [Re: reality2k4]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Ste,

As I was reading the second article I was wondering, "Let's see. What's the current status of things? I bet the Cardinal will suddenly get ill and disappear."

And guess what? Connell has fallen ill and has had to bog off all the way to Rome for treatment. How convenient.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#204015 - 02/07/08 04:09 PM Re: Senior clerics clash over inquiry! [Re: roadrunner]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

But Larry, he must be himself indicted in those papers.

There are some great doctors in the Vatican itself, and many catacombs to go hide yourself in.

I guess that the Pope wants this to be another massive cover-up.
And whatever they want, they usually get with their "diplomacy".
Otherwise known as bribery to the commoners,

ste

#204696 - 02/11/08 09:26 AM Re: Senior clerics clash over inquiry! [Re: reality2k4]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Had a feeling this might happen!

Connell withdraws legal bid to keep documents secret

Monday, February 11, 2008
The former Archbishop of Dublin, Cardinal Desmond Connell, has withdrawn his High Court bid to stop an inquiry into allegations of clerical child abuse examining certain documents.

The documents were handed over to the Government's inquiry into allegations in the Dublin Archdiocese by Cardinal Connell's successor, Archbishop Diarmuid Martin.

At the end of last year, Archbishop Martin gave a disc containing thousands of files to the government-appointed commission of investigation into the Dublin Archdiocese's handling of clerical child sex abuse allegations.

However, late last month, Cardinal Connell's legal team secured a temporary injunction preventing the commission from beginning an examination of the documents.

Cardinal Connell's lawyers had argued that some of the documents were legally privileged.

However, today Cardinal Connell withdrew his High Court bid.

Judge Iarla O'Neill struck out the case and granted costs to the commission.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.