Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (Nathan LaChine), 42 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438119 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#204239 - 02/08/08 10:07 PM what im finding out
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
I find out that these things, these unwanted thoughts are caused by feelings of inadequacy, wanting to connect, lack of intimacy, unsure of boundaries and just things that were thrown onto me, these intrusive thoughts keep me confused and afraid to connect for feelings of not fitting in. Once again Im feeling shame, confusion sexually and isolation. Im glad to be back and I thank you brothers for your support in my time of need.

#204652 - 02/10/08 10:44 PM Re: what im finding out [Re: sportinrucks]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I am not too sure what to tell you, but I know I have had all the same feelings. I have friends and all, but meeting new people and opening up is hard. In many ways, my life sort of just 'happened' without me taking any charge and choosing what I wanted. I often imagine my life should be somewhere else, and that where I am at 'today' isn't good enough. I have girls show interest in me, and even if I find interest in them, I am unable to to take things the next step to get to know them better. I am trying to break through all this, to love myself and know I had things happen in my life I didn't ask for and that I am an okay person and deserve better. But yeah, it is easy to isolate and feel the shame. I just know I was more than this as a kid, and to not try to at least claim back as much as possible my human right to have positive relations with others just wouldn't be enough. Not sure if this helps any, but keep reaching out anytime you are feeling isolated as know that there are others with the same feelings you are having.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.