Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#204635 - 02/10/08 08:51 PM Audio Tapes for male survivors
Jlynn2303 Offline
New Here

Hi,

I am involved with a man who shows all the signs of being a survivor. I am female, and about twenty years ago, I went through a very intense couple of years healing, etc from the abuse. When we began going out, I recognized the signs. He's admitted a little, more over the years. He doesn't like to read, but he listens to audiobooks all the time. I remember how much The Courage to Heal helped me. Is there anything available for male survivors along this line, on audio format?

Thanks,
Jennifer

#204865 - 02/12/08 11:57 AM Re: Audio Tapes for male survivors [Re: Jlynn2303]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I know nothing of the audio formats being available for the books that have been written on the subject of male sexual abuse, but...............

If he's in denial over it, or doesn't want to talk about it, or you've not even broached the subject with him yet, don't you think it's quite a stretch to just throw a copy of a book about sexual abuse in his lap and expect that he would be interested in looking at it? I urge you to get him to talk about it first ok?

For instance, is he distant? Does he not let you "in"? Does he often withdraw emotionally and physically after (if) you have sex? If he's expressing these classic signs of sexual abuse, ask him why first. Get him to at least admit it in some small way before you just give him a book about it. Let us know what you do and how it goes ok?

#305752 - 10/09/09 10:18 AM Re: Audio Tapes for male survivors [Re: Jlynn2303]
jtafoya11 Offline

Loc: new mexico
my names randy where can i get this audio tape you are talking about?
thank u

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.