Newest Members
flower, BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern
12122 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (pete1973, 3 invisible), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12122 Members
73 Forums
62530 Topics
438185 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#204465 - 02/09/08 11:50 PM New and afraid
Adam35 Offline
New Here

Loc: Washington DC
Hello All, I'm new to the site and i'm a survivor of sexual abuse. My father molested me beginning at the age of 5 and lasted till I was 20. However I had no idea that the incest was happening thanks to having DID. During this time frame I also was sexual abused by a family friend that carried on for 5 yrs. I feel very alone and I need to make sure I'm not the only one. I have been in and out of therapy all of my life, some good and some not so good.

Anyway, I am here and I hope that I can find some peace with everything. I’m not asking for a miracle, I just want to know if there’s hope for survivors.

#204468 - 02/10/08 12:21 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: Adam35]
Scoutvictim Offline

Loc: St. Louis, Missouri
Adam,

Welcome to MS, I am glad you found us, but I'm sorry you need this place.

This site is made up of a great group of guys, who have been through some really tough time also. I can't promise you anything, but I really believe you will get some great advice and support here.

Take your time, look around, and post when you feel comfortable.

Welcome again,
Carl

Happiness is like peeing your pants; Everyone can see it, but only YOU feel the warmth.

Peebles, Ohio WOR alumni, Oct. 2007

#204471 - 02/10/08 12:47 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: Scoutvictim]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
Hi Adam,

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you found us.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Still's Globs

New Video

#204480 - 02/10/08 01:02 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: Still]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Adam you can read my story it is a lot like yours. You are not alone and there is hope. I survived and you can too. Welcome Brother

#204495 - 02/10/08 05:52 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: Freedom49]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Adam,

Welcome to MaleSurvivor, and no, you are NOT alone. You will find a lot of support and understanding here and I'm glad you found us.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#204497 - 02/10/08 06:38 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: roadrunner]
RICK57 Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Adam - you're not alone, and yes there is hope.

Best wishes ....Rik

#204499 - 02/10/08 07:26 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: RICK57]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

ADAM-----------wishing you peace------------------YES thier is hope-----------------------stand strong------------------steve

#204518 - 02/10/08 10:06 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: Adam35]
Poet24 Offline

Hello Adam,

Your post hit me, I'm new here as well, just signed up yesterday, but already have found some support. I was terrified of the site when I looked at it, and in fact, I still am terrified, but we all need to face our fears.

I'm very sorry you went through this kind of thing, I'm sorry anyone has, but we all survived and that just proves we are stronger, and hold more power, than those who abused us.

I have DID as well, have been seeing a therapist who specializes in this disorder for about 4 years now, yet still my DID is still very active. M therapist has said that it can take a very long time to heal from DID, but it is curable. As he says it is a 'brilliant protective measure to buy you time until you ae safe and can start processing what has happened." DID can be scary, losing so much time and not knowing people who seem to know me, it is very hard and al it does is ensure chaos in a person's life.

When a person is abused by a parent it is incredibly damaging, I know from experience, a person wh is suppose to love you, and be one of the few people you should be able to trrust without reservation or fear. Again, that is something that can be healed, according to my therapist. Finding a therapist you can trust and who really cares, and has experience is vital, aznd a virtual neccesity to heal and move on with your life.

Welcome to the site, I know we will both find plenty of support and kindness here. Good luck with your recovery, and know I sympathize with the DID. Keep your chin up and remember that DID just proves how brilliant you can be.

Peace to all,
Poet24

#204568 - 02/10/08 11:57 AM Re: New and afraid [Re: Poet24]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Adam,

You are definitely NOT ALONE. There is hope for you and all of us MS's.

I am glad you found this site. We all have some knowledge what you have and are going through. We all survive in a different way, but we all will survive.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#204759 - 02/11/08 06:59 PM Re: New and afraid [Re: KENKEN]
GateKPR4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Welcome Adam,
I too have been in therapy and even though I told my therapist everything about the abuse I still thought I was alone. Then I found this site and discovered there are a lot of us. Our stories may differ but we have a common ground and a place to go.
This has been a good place for me to write about my experience and feel safe sharing.

__m_τΏτ_m__
|| || || || || || |

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.