Newest Members
Serenity40, markm, hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt
12132 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
casey (45), flaredsoul (31), Madcap (29), susie24 (59)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 56 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12132 Members
73 Forums
62560 Topics
438338 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#204463 - 02/09/08 10:35 PM Re: "People Pleasers" [Re: sabata]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

please accept my appolgies-as i am not saying there is anything wrong with being a auto mechanic----------------just when you say mechanic-that is sucjh a brod sepectrom-----------------and i know i cant spell-------------------------

#204503 - 02/10/08 08:00 AM Re: "People Pleasers" *DELETED* [Re: Hauser]
awakening Offline
MaleSurvivor

Post deleted by awakening

#204510 - 02/10/08 09:19 AM Re: "People Pleasers" [Re: awakening]
DanM Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: So. California
Wow, it is like you took the thoughts right out of my head. I know exactly what you are feeling. I have also spent the majority of my life as a "People Pleaser". Everything I did was to make others happy. I always sacrificed what was good for me so I would make others happy. It was as if I didn't deserve to to be happy or worthy of fulfillment. I have tried to reverse this and take more control of my life. I know it can be done, since I have made some improvements. Hang in there, things will get better for all of us is we keep trying.

Dan

#204514 - 02/10/08 09:57 AM Re: "People Pleasers" [Re: DanM]
ineffable Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: state of holeecrapdood
umm

"people pleasing"

isn't it about approval or feeling accepted or in control?

aren't most of our posts regardless of the "theme" wanting similar things?

including THIS thread?

hmm

#204516 - 02/10/08 10:00 AM Re: "People Pleasers" [Re: ineffable]
sabata Offline
MaleSurvivor

it took me a long time to be able st say NO-------------and when i finally was able to say NO-----------it was a good feeling---------------that i could say NO--------------NO__NO__NO___NO_NO_NO_------------------that felt good--------------------thanks-------------------------steve

#206542 - 02/21/08 03:20 AM Re: "People Pleasers" [Re: sabata]
copenbay Offline

Hi,

I agree with Awakening: the People-Pleaser route is very overrated, because anyone who works too hard at pleasing other people will probably also have an inner taskmaster who's never satisfied. I don't think my parents pushed me much to achieve. They didn't have to. I saw people around me who did better, and I became frustrated by my own lack of achievement.
Eventually, I finished college and have taken jobs that don't challenge me much since that time. But that doesn't stop me from hearing the voices from friends and family saying I should do better, have a better job, make more money, get married, whatever....
I may not have a lot of answers but I know I can't put time frames on anything I do any more. I may not do much right, but I will always do something right, enough to never give up.

Ed

#206639 - 02/21/08 06:44 PM Re: "People Pleasers" [Re: awakening]
endlessjourney Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
Originally Posted By: awakening
Huaser,
I abuse myself by working and keeping myself so busy that I stopped feeling - I became numb. I woke up one day and relized that while everyone around me may be 'pleased' by me, I wasn't. I have been letting down myself for most of my life. I became a human doing rather than a human being.
awakening

Yup. That was me. Usually most people would feel great when they got off work. "Ahh, a little R&R". For me, it was "ah sh-t! here comes the anxiety, depression, and lonliness that I put off feeling for the last 8 hours I spent working my butt off.... Time to go get a six pack. LOL". Since then, I have learned to stop and relax a bit more when at work. I feel much better at the end of the day.

Truth is the very reason we strive to live. It surrounds and resides within us. Accepting the truths we already know and seeking out those we do not is a direct path to inner balance and joy. For life is not a means to an end, but a journey. Life comes and goes but the truth will always live on.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.