Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#204269 - 02/09/08 06:05 AM Elections in the RF
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
We have got the final stage of President elections in Russia. March the 2nd is the day.

Haha, everyone knows that the new President will be Medvedev, and the rest of the political gang just suck (not without the help of the Cremlin's authority).

Still it is a campaign.

I wonder how international legal organizations will treat this situation.

Over 60% of votes go to mr. Medved, as sociologists predict, ha. Power is a hungry thing.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

#204392 - 02/09/08 04:47 PM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: alexey]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: alexey

Haha, everyone knows that the new President will be Medvedev

There really is no excitement, is there? I mean, what kind of doubt of the outcome could there be?

(I will leave it unsaid if that is a good or bad thing)

Andrei

#204486 - 02/10/08 02:56 AM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: ak]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
There is no excitement, right. It is a pity, in fact.

Thanks for your reply.

Alexey

(")_(")
--------

#212249 - 03/22/08 08:59 AM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: alexey]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
So here I am with an update on Politics. ))))

Mr. Medvedev won (surprise surprise) with OVER 70% of votes.

My Demo candidat got 1.3%. Not bad, LOL.

Mr. Putin is about to be a Parliament head, and given that the United Russia party has a dominant majority in State Duma, we all know who will rule. ;\)

Alexey Broadcast Inc.

(")_(")
--------

#212260 - 03/22/08 11:03 AM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: alexey]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Careful there, Alexey. We don't want to have to come visit you in the Gulag! LOL

I'm pleased that freedom of speech is much more dominant in your country now, Alexey. At least you can say those things now where a generation ago it may have been cause for arrest.

#212261 - 03/22/08 11:06 AM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: alexey]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Alexey - I've been following this in the news and have wondered how much of a puppet that Medvedev will be for Putin. From the news reports here, it sounds like Medvedev will simply be a ceremonial president with Putin still the one pulling his strings and making him dance. Is that the perception there as well?

#212268 - 03/22/08 11:48 AM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: alexey]
LandOfShadow Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I recently watched the Frontline World program on the RF election campaign: http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/russia703/

The promotions of Putin with the disco music and dancing girls in short shorts sure convinced me he was the most wise and knowledgable world leader! LOL Very sexy, catchy tune.

But would he be fun to have a beer with??? That's what Americans care about... Here, it appears Barack Obama wins the beer vote: http://www.whodoyouwanttohaveabeerwith.com/

I was a bit surprised how low freedom of speech polls in the RF. While Americans claim to value freedom of speech, it seems to me like it's less and less tolerated when unpopular. At least we have our slogans and cherished myths when reality turns against us...

And by the power of a single word I can begin my life again, I was born to know you, to name you
Freedom

Paul Eluard

#212271 - 03/22/08 12:22 PM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: LandOfShadow]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Well, Putin has the people's full support, and many would like to drink with him. He seems to me almost crude when he makes some comments to the Western politicians.

Yes, Putin will be the tsar. People argue that Medvedev will resign shortly, which will open a constitutional hole for Putin to start at his 3rd ("first") term. LOL That is bizarre, guys.

There was a big case in the Russian intenet, when a blogger was charged and convinced guilty due to his comments toward a Russian militia man. So, there is much freedom of talk, but without crude comments, of course.

Russian people indeed don't place civil rights on a high level, because we don't have this cuдture. We more tend to want a stable and economically healthy state.

My grandfather was a Gulag survivor, so no jokes here . Shsss.

Alexey

Edited by alexey (03/22/08 05:27 PM)
(")_(")
--------

#212311 - 03/22/08 03:39 PM Re: Elections in the RF [Re: alexey]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

As a Russian who has also lived in U.S., it is very amazing, the difference in attitude of "personal rights'. Alexey is right, I think right now, our country, it is more interest in healthy economy and growth of that for all, then the personal liberties. Perhaps after the more security in the economy and our place in the "world leaders", then will come the individual rights in thought process.

(And yes, of course Medvedev is a temporary "placeholder" at best. And Fidel Castro is already dead. Or perhaps it is just the paranoid thinking)

Andrei

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.