Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (wild_turky, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63434 Topics
443441 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#204094 - 02/08/08 05:00 AM Re: National Healthcare would prevent this....... [Re: LandOfShadow]
Ikelives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
What is more important people or money? I began to understand that our government's attitudes were changing toward the people when they came up with managed health care. I heard these cute speeches and I wondered, are people listening. They made it sound good and people fell for it. For the first time, a price would be set on a person's life. Of course, this would not be the first time my value had been determined by others. Now it is set by people that I don't even know.

When people care, any government works. When money rules, the strong survive, the weak die. With some this is just fine, eleminates those weak genes from the gene pool and it's more; shall we say, cost effective.

In the end, I don't really know why we are talking about this anyway, I understand that the health care industry does not want universal health care; therefore, it will not happen. Afterall, they did not purchase all those senators and representatives for nothing.

#204110 - 02/08/08 08:37 AM Re: National Healthcare would prevent this....... [Re: LandOfShadow]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
The people in the US fear their government because the government has been given waaaaaay too much power. Numerous government agencies overrun our lives. We have a tool to protect us from tyranny should it ever come to that point. It's called the second amendment to the US Constitution. It's a last resort, but there if we need to exercise it. In concert with that, my state constitution provides that citizens in my state may use arms to protect themselves and their property. It's an excellent enhancement to the second amendment.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#204129 - 02/08/08 10:31 AM Re: National Healthcare would prevent this....... [Re: FormerTexan]
dogman Offline
New Here

we were just talking about the second amendment last night and I think that it is good food for thought concerning what has been happening in our country. After world war 1 the veterans were basically dumped onto the street and told to go back to their farms and forget about what they had experienced. of course many of them had lost everything in the time that they were gone and were unable to go back to farming because of emotional issues etc. anyway the point is that all of these displaced veterans began to march on Washington D. C.. several hundred thousand armed men who were trained to kill by the govt itself were heading towards the capitol when the govt in all of its magnanimousnous decided to give them the beginnings of the first G. I. bill. The bottom line is always force. it is a brutal and sad fact of life but it is a fact of life. I worked for the govt for a while in variuos capacitys. Both state and federal and don't kid yourself, the feds purchase the power of the states whenever they want it. That is why there are so many seatbelt laws, They lose their fed funding without them. I can't see myself putting my healthcare into the hands of people who are handling "the war on drugs". I will use medical facilities such as the V. A. But I make that choice on what I think is best for me not on what some damned politician thinks. Another good point that was made in this discussion but glossed over is that the free market once decided how much a doctor could charge for his services. In other words he could get what the people of his neighborhood had to give but no more and he was expected to give service for that! Anyone ever heard of housecalls?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.