Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, aniceguy, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63856 Topics
445875 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#203625 - 02/05/08 01:14 AM Re: How do you release anger? [Re: KENKEN]
weapher Offline

Loc: Oregon
Anger... what a topic. I lost a lot of things dear to me because of my anger. I think denial was the easiest approach to dealing with it for me for years and now I can say after about a year of hard work I have it far more under control.

I actually find video games create anger in me. I get frustrated with losing and eventually just get pissed at the game.

For me I have a few techniques. First and foremost I have learned that I am not the judge and jury. Most of my anger came from not being in control of a situation or circumstance or the people surrounding them. Coming to terms with this was the hardest and most beneficial.

Second, I try to plan things in such a way as to try to stay away from situations that stir up anger in me.

And third I don't react. In the past, whatever was the cause of my anger was generally less serious than my display of anger. DON"T REACT... This has saved me ten thousand apologies in the past year. I also see now that most of the things in my life I would have reacted to in the past are really not so big of a deal. Just drop it for a bit... When you pick the issue back up it generally isn't so big.

Here are two books I have gone through that have really helped me a lot. They are Christian based and are easy reads and quite basic in their approach. I am not sure of your religious background, but I do know that there are a lot of anger resources in barnes and noble, Amazon.com etc... I have looked at most \:\)

Letting Go of Anger and Frustration - John and Pam Vredevelt
The Anger Workbook - Frank Minirth, Les Carter

Redirecting my anger in a healthy way has been the single most beneficial thing I have done in my healing process... It is so incredibly freeing. I encourage you to really take a look at some resources and work on it. You will be glad you did!

Also... I am a runner and that helps me too. Running, mtn biking, etc... anything active helps at the moment to not react.

weapher

#203714 - 02/05/08 05:38 PM Re: How do you release anger? [Re: weapher]
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
I go to a gig, or metal club, and Mosh!!

Headbanding, Moshing and Circle Pits.

The anger gets saved for these nights, and then comes out in one big go!! The destruictive force and agression of a mosh pit, nothing quite like it!!

Elliot!

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.