Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
9 registered (aniceguy, JW1230, focusedbody, don64, finallyhere, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63854 Topics
445873 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#203370 - 02/03/08 04:08 PM God as Father.
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
My mom instilled in me a deep well grounded faith in god when I wa very young. She told me that no matter what situations I found my self in, where I was at, what I was doing or feeling, God was there. If I would open up and ask him he would help me no matter what.

I don't know if she knew what was going on with dad and me or not (probably not), but I have never forgotten that. Many things have happened to me over the years in my life that I could not control. It was at those moments of fear, dispaire, sadness and loss that I would remember and I would call. I can look back and truly say God has always anwered my call. Not always the way I would have thought he should but looking back I see his fingerprints so to speak all over my journey.

Upon returning to the chruch from my deepest darkest time of my journey I was happy to learn he was still there patiently waiting for me.

My earthly Father that god gave me to was not a good care taker and abused me. I grew up with a distorted view of what Fatherhood was all about and made some of my own mistakes with my children. Over the years I have learned what a Father should be from the Eternal Father. So when I read in the new testament that Jesus taught the men to pray "Our Father which is in Heaven..." I was curious and began to use that phrase also to begin my prayers.

I have been rewarded by an amazing feeling of love and acceptance and aproval that I have never felt from my own natural father though I longed for it all my life. Like the story of the prodigal son, My Eternal Father has waited for decades to receive me back home. I am comforted by that thought and reasurance more that words can tell here because at long last I have a father.

Roger

#203477 - 02/04/08 07:06 AM Re: God as Father. [Re: Freedom49]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'm there with ya man! I'm holding onto my Father in heaven more and more, as I remember and long desperately for the decent father I never had here. I can look back as well and know that He has always been there, and agree that His answers were not always how I wanted them to be.

If you haven't heard it, check out the song by Todd Agnew, from his Grace Like Rain album called "Still Here Waiting".

#204908 - 02/12/08 05:51 PM Re: God as Father. [Re: JustScott]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Thanks Scott.
Great Song! Kinda got to me.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.