Newest Members
MG5555, ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128
12506 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Moriji (44), Nicos (48), weharry1959 (55)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12506 Members
74 Forums
64203 Topics
448040 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#203370 - 02/03/08 04:08 PM God as Father.
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
My mom instilled in me a deep well grounded faith in god when I wa very young. She told me that no matter what situations I found my self in, where I was at, what I was doing or feeling, God was there. If I would open up and ask him he would help me no matter what.

I don't know if she knew what was going on with dad and me or not (probably not), but I have never forgotten that. Many things have happened to me over the years in my life that I could not control. It was at those moments of fear, dispaire, sadness and loss that I would remember and I would call. I can look back and truly say God has always anwered my call. Not always the way I would have thought he should but looking back I see his fingerprints so to speak all over my journey.

Upon returning to the chruch from my deepest darkest time of my journey I was happy to learn he was still there patiently waiting for me.

My earthly Father that god gave me to was not a good care taker and abused me. I grew up with a distorted view of what Fatherhood was all about and made some of my own mistakes with my children. Over the years I have learned what a Father should be from the Eternal Father. So when I read in the new testament that Jesus taught the men to pray "Our Father which is in Heaven..." I was curious and began to use that phrase also to begin my prayers.

I have been rewarded by an amazing feeling of love and acceptance and aproval that I have never felt from my own natural father though I longed for it all my life. Like the story of the prodigal son, My Eternal Father has waited for decades to receive me back home. I am comforted by that thought and reasurance more that words can tell here because at long last I have a father.

Roger

#203477 - 02/04/08 07:06 AM Re: God as Father. [Re: Freedom49]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I'm there with ya man! I'm holding onto my Father in heaven more and more, as I remember and long desperately for the decent father I never had here. I can look back as well and know that He has always been there, and agree that His answers were not always how I wanted them to be.

If you haven't heard it, check out the song by Todd Agnew, from his Grace Like Rain album called "Still Here Waiting".

#204908 - 02/12/08 05:51 PM Re: God as Father. [Re: JustScott]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Thanks Scott.
Great Song! Kinda got to me.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.